Yamaha Dealer Chao Fah East Next To Phuket Visa Law Office

JetsetBkk

Call the law office and ask them to pop next door and get it. Say please of course.

Have you got their number?

crazy.gif

There you go.

Thanks! rolleyes.gif

An interesting afternoon. The lovely sounding poo-ying receptionist at Phuket Visa Law office did pop next door for me after a few "please"s and was told to tell me to phone back in 5 minutes after their lunch break. facepalm.gif

So it looked like they turn off the phone while they have their break. Fair enough. But 5 minutes later the phone was still diverted to a "temporaliry out of service" message. And 15 minutes later, and 45 minutes later. So I gave up and drive round there.

The story is that their phone "have problem". But never mind, my parts had arrived and were fitted in 20 minutes or so. smile.png

In case anyone wants to try their number in the future, it is: 076 263 939. It is currently still "temporaliry out of service".

So just driving by might have solved the problem and possibly your spare parts would be fitted even before the lunch break. But anyway, it is always amazing a] what the internet is good for and b] how helpful people can be.

So just driving by might have solved the problem and possibly your spare parts would be fitted even before the lunch break. But anyway, it is always amazing a] what the internet is good for and b] how helpful people can be.

Yes, they said the parts had arrived today, but now I'll never know if they would have phoned me today.

The parts had been on order for 11 days which is a very long time IMO for getting stuff sent down from Bangkok.

It's a bit of a run from southern Rawai to Baan Nabon so that's why I wanted to phone them first.

I really should've popped in to the Visa Law office and said hello and thanks to the nice receptionist. w00t.gif

They will never call you. At Chevrolet I have been waiting months, and then I found out they sold my parts to someone else. At Toyota I ordered an English Manual for my new car, "yes we will call you". After three months I went there, and - oh wonder - I picked it up. At Kawasaki I had problems with the carburettor and they ordered some spare part. They never called me, but after the usual 3 months, I went there and the stuff had arrived. It is not just about vehicles, it is the same about HiFi equipment, computer stuff or whatever. Just drop in regularly and ask them, nerve them, push them, or for your peace of mind just forget it.

But I like your idea about the receptionist thumbsup.gif

I forgot: SsangYong service is even worse than all the ones mentioned above. bah.gif

Edited by hkt83100

They will never call you. At Chevrolet I have been waiting months, and then I found out they sold my parts to someone else. At Toyota I ordered an English Manual for my new car, "yes we will call you". After three months I went there, and - oh wonder - I picked it up. At Kawasaki I had problems with the carburettor and they ordered some spare part. They never called me, but after the usual 3 months, I went there and the stuff had arrived. It is not just about vehicles, it is the same about HiFi equipment, computer stuff or whatever. Just drop in regularly and ask them, nerve them, push them, or for your peace of mind just forget it.

I forgot: SsangYong service is even worse than all the ones mentioned above. bah.gif

I also got a Toyota pick-up manual in English. I had to make it a conditional of the sale and get the guy to promise on a stack of bibles Buddha books, but I got it. biggrin.png It wasn't an original manual - it was a photocopy of a photocopy of a ph....

Didn't get one from Yamaha, though. But found a pdf on the internet, eventually.

Edit:

I was going to pop in to see the receptionist but a couple of rather large farangs came out the front door and sat outside. Looked like they were the "Lawyers" - a cross between Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Isuzu are good, they always call to remind us that the cars service's will be due in the next few days

• 3 months later...

yamaha dealer in patong next to gas station.

Went to the Yamaha dealer in Patong to buy a new motorbike for MrsDave. They had about 12 bikes in stock, and only 2 of the model she wanted - both same color. For some strange reason, the salesgirl told us that they would not order one (different color) for us. It was pretty much "take it or leave it". We left it.

So then it was off to Phuket Town. The dealer there had 25 bikes or so on display, with about 12 of the model we wanted. They also had some of the newer 2016 models, and were discounting the 2015 models by 3,000 baht. (Patong had only the 2015 models, and no discount). We ended up buying a 2016 model on the spot, and the salesladies seemed to be happy to have our business, as opposed to Patong who seemed indifferent.

Went to the Yamaha dealer in Patong to buy a new motorbike for MrsDave. They had about 12 bikes in stock, and only 2 of the model she wanted - both same color. For some strange reason, the salesgirl told us that they would not order one (different color) for us. It was pretty much "take it or leave it". We left it.

So then it was off to Phuket Town. The dealer there had 25 bikes or so on display, with about 12 of the model we wanted. They also had some of the newer 2016 models, and were discounting the 2015 models by 3,000 baht. (Patong had only the 2015 models, and no discount). We ended up buying a 2016 model on the spot, and the salesladies seemed to be happy to have our business, as opposed to Patong who seemed indifferent.

Did you actually expect a good price and good service from a biz in Patong blink.png

Did you actually expect a good price and good service from a biz in Patong blink.png

Yes.

Bought a new motorbike there several years ago with no issues, and their service department has always been good.