Quick Banking Question

Hi,

I had an experiance last year when i transfered funds from an overseas account into my Danu account in BKK. After waiting what seemed like an age for the funds to clear, i was told i had to go to my branch and write a letter of declaration stating the funds were for personal expenses. Can anyone shed any light on the figure that will enforce this rule, and is it only ThaiDanu that performs this action?

Thanks in Advance

./P

If Danu Bank is doing this with you then change. I can verify that I transferred 150,000 baht into my Bangkok Bank account from overseas with no problem what so ever. It was in my account next day and available for withdrawal. There are no 50,000 baht limits or such applied to my account and no questions are ever asked.

I fully agree with the comments made by others. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS, in bringing in foreign currencies into Thailand. However, the Banks have a reporting requirement to the Bank of Thailand about foreign currencies, as in any other country I know of, and it is this requirement I was refering to. Again I did not indicate any restrictions!

Cheers........kandt :o

Guest IT Manager

Get a bank of asia account and tell Danu to get stuffed.

Nasty note, if you are a foreigner you need to open an account with 50,000 baht.

Just illustrates the stupidity of our hosts generally I guess. No wonder ABF Amro want out.

Phazey,

1) I never heard of anyone having trouble getting money into the Kingdom. It must have been a sweet chunk of change.

2) I LOVE that dog hanging out the window.

Bankok Bank and Kasikorn (old Thai farmers) have allowed me to send exactly 9,999K at a time no questions asked, but FEES of course. I think 10K (USD) is the magic figure.