rugby world cup

Geoffreyt

Can anyone tell me if True TV will be showing the Rugby world cup. At present I have WETV and as they only have one eurosport channel I doubt they will be showing it. If True will be showing I will cancel WETV and sign up for True. Or other suggestions welcome, except going down to the Irish pub every night for 6 weeks.

Thanks Geoff.T

Thai expat tv

ITV secured the rights to broadcast RWC 2011 and 2015 in United Kingdom and they will be airing all 48 matches plus opening ceremony and closing ceremonies on two tv channels which are ITV and ITV 4 throughout 18th september to 31 october . SkySports and BBC were also in the running to buy the rights but ITV outbid them and secure RWC exclusive rights in UK till 2015.

Thankyou everyone for useful advice. I have just loaded filmon.tv App onto my 7" tablet. truly amazing. Geoff.T

I didn't download the app because they need credit card info for a free app. Did you have to pay for it?

No credit card info was required when I installed it, otherwise I wouldn't have, but it may have changed. There is another app called UKIPTV which is essentially filmon with a different name, but it seems to be a lot more stable for reasons I don't understand, perhaps you can have a look at that one. I stream it pretty much every day and I have a severe allergy to paying for such things and never give my cc number.

I know that filmon has a paid-for service (if you want to watch in HD or record live programs to watch later); is it possible that you clicked on that part of the app? Sites which offer both free and paid content often nudge you in the direction of the paid content by making the links bigger and more colourful and attractive, which is really sneaky of them. You can also get it on your laptop/computer without the app by just going to the website from your browser.

• 2 weeks later...

Free at Filmon.com and on the Filmon App (unless they decide to geoblock it, in which case a VPN or the like is required).

Was going to try out filmon.com for the hurricanes game. Sports listing were mighty thin, or am I missing something?

Bloody great super rugby final...... and well done to the boys down South. The Highlanders rule!!!!

Both my grandmothers were born on the South Island. One in a little place called Hyde outside of Dunedin. She went to school in Dunedin so I guess I can share in the Highlander's victory.

Thankyou everyone for useful advice. I have just loaded filmon.tv App onto my 7" tablet. truly amazing. Geoff.T

I didn't download the app because they need credit card info for a free app. Did you have to pay for it?

It's a free app. Maybe they want a credit card to encourage you to buy other apps.

They never take money unless you tell them you want to, by way of entering your google password, so I wouldn't worry.

Alternatively you can watch it on your computer at Filmon.com

Wimbledon's on at the moment (Murray) and this week's British Grand Prix will be on live on BBC One as well.

• 1 month later...

It is definitely not on Setanta . I emailed them and this reply

Many thanks for your email. We do not have the rights to RWC 2015 in your territory. We will of course continue to have Super Rugby, The Rugby Championship, International tests, Aviva Premiership, The Guinness Pro 12, The European Champions Cup, The Currie Cup, The ITM Cup and lots more along with NRL.

Rgds,

Setanta

• 3 weeks later...

If you are happy enough watching any games (and any sports) on your computer, try googling "lemontv". Multi results with multi links will come out, such as "SportLemon.eu" or "fromHot.com", "drakulastream.eu", etc...

Any will do.

I watch Top14 every week-ends using of of these live (free) streaming devise.

Now anyone know any animated public place in Hangdong to watch the RWC? I do not want to drive to the Irish pub or any place downtown...

I wish to meet supporters of many other nations to share animations and ... possibly a good fight (verbal and physical). Don't worry I'm weakly built.

• 1 month later...

Fox sports 2 is the one, replays are listed by game number on the screen if you use True visions... not by the teams involved unfortunately.

better to look on the web page on foxsports and remember its all in Singapore time

http://tv.foxsportsasia.com/

Aus v Wales at Downunder pub tonight, closes after the game, not during.

Well done goes to Stu, Great pub too. Game kicks off at 1045pm today.

Well done goes to Stu, Great pub too. Game kicks off at 1045pm today.

Are you sure the kick off is not 11.45? The Australian papers are showing it at 2.45 am, daylight saving time which should be 3 hours after us.

Correct from cmj. UK is 6 hours behind Thailand. A lot of the RWC games (Or at least the important ones) are either at 1045pm or 2am.

Now its fast approaching quarter finals time....watch the knock outs begin.

Aussie are on fire with their current form. The ABs are yet to completely fire. Wales and Ireland look ok. And I expect France and South Africa to be in the semi's too.