Forum upgrade in progress! ×

7/11 Reporting

I am still to this day seeing farang asking questions about 7/11 90 day reporting.

I actually wonder how many have walked into a 7/11 with their passport smile.png

Thought I would bring this up as a lot of farang seem to enjoy pointing fingers at the Thai for being a bit strange.

Why do they still use the name 7-11 as they are open 24h.

History lesson:

They were originally called Tote'm stores because customers "toted" away their purchases. Changed to 7-Eleven in 1946 as they were open from 7:00AM to 11:00PM 7 days a week.

lifestyle_history_03.jpg

History

• 4 weeks later...

I just cannot see this happening as a plug and play process...How many 7/11's are there in Bangkok plus Thailand?

How can you even think about doing something important like this at a 7'11?

I like 7/11 's yet using them as a fast lane visa process seems over the top.

Pity the poor 7/11 employe that has to confront a falang that needs a visa stamp and farang speaks lil Thai holding his passport.

Let me know whats happening..

I actually found doing my 90 day report at my local 7 11 relatively painless. Hand over my passport, TM form and previous reporting slip and I recieved a new reporting slip within less than a minute. As a bonus on that day the first 10 foreigners doing their report got a free hot dog smokey bite and bottle of Oishi green tea. The only issue was they wanted to put my new slip in a plastic bag with a straw.

Why do they still use the name 7-11 as they are open 24h.

What would you prefer ? 24-7 ?

I prefer 24-7-365, how's that?

I don't care what they call as long as it has a 7 in it.

Telling the ball and chain to run along to the 24 to grab me a magnum would take some to get used to.

Archived