Re-new O retirement passport eXpires

If you apply for an extension with less than 12 months remaining on your passport your extension will only valid to the date your passport expires. Then when you get a new passport you have to apply for a new extension when the shortened one ends.

• Like 1

If you apply for an extension with less than 12 months remaining on your passport your extension will only valid to the date your passport expires. Then when you get a new passport you have to apply for a new extension when the shortened one ends.

and u will need pay the 1,900 baht again!!!

• Like 1

You will only loose 10 days when you apply for your extension but you should get the new passport before it has less than 6 months left if you want to travel.

Contrary to one post there is no 6 months remaining minimum requirement to apply for an extension of stay. That only applies to getting a visa at an embassy or consulate unless it is a multiple entry visa then it is 18 months.

• Like 1

^^Appreciate that, as mine will only be good for 355 days when I apply.

Can anyone else confirm?

Yes I have to do the same.

You will also have to get your O visa transferred to your new passport when you get it.

I was given a form for this with no number only the heading "Transfer stamp to new passport form"

Timing should work for me to be able to do everything at the same time but will ask at next 90 day report to be sure.