hot pepper seeds wanted - mexican type

Hello, I'm familiar with the types of hot peppers sold in Thai markets. However, I'd like to grow Mexican type.

Am seeking seed for one or more of the following: jalapenos, habaneros, anchos, serrano - or similar

Can pay or trade. Some trade items I offer:

>>> nut seeds or seedlings for 'Brazil Noi' trees. related to brazil nut, but smaller and more abundant.

>>> seeds for rosewood trees

- thanks in advance

There is a reason why you can't find some varieties of peppers here. They won't grow. I have tried with Jalapeno and Habanero without success. Not to say that maybe aquaponics or similar wouldn't help..this topic has been touched on a few times on this forum.

Hello All, they do grow here in Korat in my driveway, BUT, not year round. Plenty of pic's

on the hydro threads.

If you need a small amount, like 30 or so seed, Tomato Growers Supply in FL will air mail

small amounts(4-5 packs) and have a wide selection of what your looking for, both OP and

Hyb. vérités.

For bulk OP seed, D.V Burrell Seed Growers Co. in CO, they will probity or express USPS

to you here. Don't know if they have updated their www, but down load their catalog and

have a look, the sell pakt's to pounds, one ounce(3-4000 seed) of early jail's was $8.00,

about what 2 packet's at most sites cost.

For Hyb Mex seed, I use Logan-Zenner in WA, don't know if they will send, always have my X

in WA remail with a food and goodies care package of thing's not found in LOS.

Jal's are a pain in the but to grow, and I only grow serrano's, but I've had great success with

Hyb. anchos and Anaheim's, OP & hab's, Pasilla's, brown hab's, Naga's, Congo Trinidad's(TGS),

I screwed up and killed my Carolina Reapers, #1 hottest, but for cheap jail's, OP Early Jal,

NOT the M jal strain, but stager the plantings as the all set at one time, and Jalor, an OP from

TGS(FL) a yellowish lime green to red, short bush, can be planted in pots and you can save

the seed to replant, hotter the the Early or M.

rice555

As always, if you can choose seeds that are labeled "heirloom" they will be old varieties, not hybridized or tampered with and their seeds will bear true to kind for seed saving. Heirloom varieties may also be bigger, hotter and better.

All food plant hybrids are made to advantage the grower and retailer. Either they tend to ripen all at once for machine picking, or they look especially beautiful on a store shelf, or they have tough skins to skip well or... They aren't made to taste best. I first learned this with watermelons. From a market they have thick tough rinds and they look pretty, but the inside for eating can't compare to a full flavored, juicy heirloom.

Cheers

The replies are appreciated. I can believe that some varieties don't grow well in Thailand, as I've had that issue with other veges (particular tomato varieties) and with figs. I"ll keep an eye out for heirloom types of hot peppers. If anyone can mail seed to me, I'll pay or trade.

in 1999, I brought over seed, from US, for gourd, and they grew well. First year, had a thousand orange bugs eating the leaves, but I left 'em alone, and subsequent years; no bugs.

I work in Trinidad and the locals eat some sort of very hot chilli, got some growing around the house just now. No fruit yet. I'll bring some more back with me and post them to you as a return favour if you like?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, they do grow here in Korat in my driveway, BUT, not year round. Plenty of pic's

on the hydro threads.

If you need a small amount, like 30 or so seed, Tomato Growers Supply in FL will air mail

small amounts(4-5 packs) and have a wide selection of what your looking for, both OP and

Hyb. vérités.

For bulk OP seed, D.V Burrell Seed Growers Co. in CO, they will probity or express USPS

to you here. Don't know if they have updated their www, but down load their catalog and

have a look, the sell pakt's to pounds, one ounce(3-4000 seed) of early jail's was $8.00,

For Hyb Mex seed, I use Logan-Zenner in WA, don't know if they will send, always have my X

Jal's are a pain in the but to grow, and I only grow serrano's, but I've had great success with

Hyb. anchos and Anaheim's, OP & hab's, Pasilla's, brown hab's, Naga's, Congo Trinidad's(TGS),

I screwed up and killed my Carolina Reapers, #1 hottest, but for cheap jail's, OP Early Jal,

NOT the M jal strain, but stager the plantings as the all set at one time, and Jalor, an OP from

TGS(FL) a yellowish lime green to red, short bush, can be planted in pots and you can save

rice555

tried to place an order with Tomato Growers a couple of weeks ago they no longer ship international

on the hydro threads.

Hyb. vérités.

rice555

tried to place an order with Tomato Growers a couple of weeks ago they no longer ship international

Thanks for the update, it use to be hassle free O/L ordering to your mail box.

rice555