extension of stay after one year non o visa retirement

dear expats experts,

just came back from immigrationoffice. Wanted to apply for one year extension retirement and multiple entry.

Was advised to come back later because i was applying earlier than 45 days before date of expiry of visum. Was surpised but after reading everything again i understand now but a new question rises.

the facts.

i do have a non immigrant visa o category multiple entry expiring 7th august 2015. Got that in my homecountry, holland.

i entered several times thailand in the past year. Last time i entered june 10th 2015. I got, entering thailand the last time a stam that says: /visaclass: non o admitted untill 7 september 2015.

I will fly to europe 2nd august 2015.

I misread several boards. Thougt: expirydate is 7th august so can apply for extension 7th august minus 45 days. WRONG !! The relevant date is NOT the expirydate of my non 0 visa (7th august) but the expirydate op my visaSTAMP so 7th september.!!!

Have learned that now. BUT, i was intending to visit the filippines leaving 15th op july and coming back 25th of july. So, i will get a new visastamp that says"admittid untill 25 july plus 90 days so let us say 23 oktober " The consequence is that again i can not appy for an extension of stay based on retirement because i expect to leave Thailand on 2nd of august!!

This will go on so just my question now : how can i get a extension of stay based on retirement for one year. Or do i have to apply for another non immigration o visa in Holland? The problem is that such a visa does not state on what it is based (retirement, marriage to a thai etc) sometimes that gives a problem fi when you want to open a bank account( which i have of course already) but it is just an example.

Thank you!! Love you all because of your expertise.

Leave Tghailand on the 2nd of August and get a re-entry permit if you plan to return after the 7th of August. Once you return you can apply for an extension of stay as planned. if you still cannot because of travel, show you need to travel and normally immigraiton is willing to allow you to apply a bit earlier than 45 days.

If you will be back before the 90 day entry you will get when your enter on the 25th of July you could get a single re-entry permit to keep that entry valid when you return and then apply for the extension of stay. The re-entry permit will cost 1000 baht.

If you will be back before the 90 day entry you will get when your enter on the 25th of July you could get a single re-entry permit to keep that entry valid when you return and then apply for the extension of stay. The re-entry permit will cost 1000 baht.

dear ubonjoe,

yuur answer is for me not quite clear . when i come back on 25th my o visa is still valid, i will get 90 days so again can not comply with the 45 days before!

leave on 2nd august and thats it. emopty hands. visa expires. When i come back lets say 10 october a do not have a visa. being european i get a visaexemtion of 30 days and have to restart everything again.

If you get the re-entry permit before leaving it would keep that last 90 day entry valid and you would get stamped in until the date the entry ends. Then you could do the extension.

It would not matter that your visa was expired.

If you get the re-entry permit before leaving it would keep that last 90 day entry valid and you would get stamped in until the date the entry ends. Then you could do the extension.

thanks again. clear!

thanks again. clear!

maybe i am a very slow student then sorry for that.

i do have non o multientry so when i leave on 15th july and return on 25th of july, multientry still active, i expect that i will get a visastamp "admitted untill 23 october."" I understand from your message that you expect that i get stamped untill the date my former entry ends that is 7th september 2015.

everytime i enter thailand within the period my o visa is valid (untill august 7th) i get a new date : entrydate plus 90 days.

Sorry again if i am a very slow learner.

When you enter the country on the 25th of July you will be stamped in for 90 days which as you said would be the 23rd of October.

After you get back on the 25th you can go to immigration and apply for a single re-entry permit. pay the 1000 baht fee and a re-entry permit would be stamped in your passport that would be valid until the 23rd of October. When you return from your trip that you plan on starting on the 2nd of August you will be stamped in until the 23rd of October.

Then 45 days before or up to the 23rd of October you could apply for your extension.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I like some more info, I had my first O visa single entry in penang on 07 sep 2015 single 90 days.

On 08 dec I got a 1 year extension till 07 dec 2016.

(do I need a new visa then ? or just a new extension in the office)

On 22 nov 2016 I go on holiday and arrive back in phuket airport on evening 05 dec 2016 (2 days before)

What I do best in that situation ? ask a re-entry first and get 90 days more when I come back ?

or ask a 1-year extension before ?

thanks for your help

Hi,

I like some more info, I had my first O visa single entry in penang on 07 sep 2015 single 90 days.

On 08 dec I got a 1 year extension till 07 dec 2016.

(do I need a new visa then ? or just a new extension in the office)

On 22 nov 2016 I go on holiday and arrive back in phuket airport on evening 05 dec 2016 (2 days before)

What I do best in that situation ? ask a re-entry first and get 90 days more when I come back ?

or ask a 1-year extension before ?

thanks for your help

You should do the extension application before you leave in November and then get a re-entry permit. You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early.

A re-entry permit only keeps your current permit to stay valid when you enter the country it gives no additional days.