Job classification

Hi everyone,

I have been trrying to locate jobs in the construction industry on various Thia Job Sites, I cannot find what they classify my job as, so cannot do a search.

I am a Heating (not really applicable :o), ventilating and air conditioning engineer in the UK.

Can anyone advise if these animals exist in Thailand?

I am able to design, draught, cost and project manage the above.

your advise as always would be most welcome.

Regards

Andy

The job your looking for will most likely be one of (occupations professions prohibited to aliens) list includes civil engineering, architectural work,masonry carpentry or other construction work, ???

Morgan.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I cannot see why this would be restricted, I know there are English Architects working in Thailand, as Thailand uses the English Building Regulations (or part of them)

Where can I find out about the restricted List?

I'll get my Girl Friend to have a look on Thai Sites.

Regards

Andy

Pattaya here reporting, and reading Heating I smiled along I guess with other's..Maybe a little heating needed in The North, I remember a Electric Blanket when I stayed at Mae Hong Son Holiday Inn, and a warm air blower for the room if needed..

Most of the Companys here are Thai run, sure in Pattaya, and so speak Thai, I guess your Thai is word perfect, so you can speak with other trades on a site.. Some of the left over Buildings from 1997 crash in Bangkok are being looked at as possible finishing, to make the landscape look better for all, and they are near the Skytrain and new Underground system to open when Trains/coaches arrive from Germany.

You can look at www.boi.go.th  Business/Work Permits. More experinced members of the board can give you advice on your chances of getting a work permit for this type of job. My understanding is that if a Thai can do the job your applying for you will not get one. But dont let me put you off keep trying.Good luck with your job hunt.

Cheers Morgan :o