America apologises - for doing the right thing

webfact

This author has a long history of producing articles which people take offense to, based on his journalism, less than his message. It is what it is, his conclusions are rubbish, its the Nation....

Indeed - maybe the embassy should be apologising for inviting this rabble rousing nutter in the first place.

It is interesting to see a statement after one of his articles that you can find more balanced and objective reports if you look to Tony Cartalucci and Michael Yon. It has got to take some effort to be classed as less balanced and objective than that pair!

http://thaisnet.com/PDF/Nodemocraticelection.pdf

ok that is a fair comment, and point taken. And on review of articles with his byline and others that are attributed to him, this particular article isn't so bad. Though still suffering from either direct life experience / general knowledge or more importantly journalistic enquiry into the subjects at hand. But really all my assumptions aside, benefit of the doubt leaves me with; his capability as a writer, needs work.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of people are unable to grasp that the USA has only one interest : the National interest.

Sure they would like every country to be democratic and free, but that is not their prime concern. The are happy with a friendly dictator : the only issue there is he might change his mind.

So when it comes to the Junta/Thaksin/Pheu-Thai or whoever, they don't give a damn about the internal politics. The only concern is that the USA has a friendly place to put some bases and (if they have oil) a nice place of business for American interests.

The bottom line is that they would be quite happy with Thaksin as PM because they know he and his followers can simply be bribed. They don't give a stuff about the detail. They described Thaksin as telling Thai society "That greed is OK" and they knew full well how corrupt he was. But that means they have easy access to oil and few deals in the right direction give them a political decision they want.

Don't get me wrong : I'm a big supporter of the USA because they are the only ones who will stand up for what's right in the big picture but they are far from honest bedfellows.

"I'm a big supporter of the USA because they are the only ones who will stand up for what's right in the big picture"

"stand up for what's right", don't make me laugh, tell that to the people of Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Bahrain, Venezuela, Chile, Nicaragua, Novorossia, Crimea, Iran etc etc. America's only interest is the power of the dollar.