Asia (Including CM) Cost of Living Index 2015 Mid Year

uptheos

your link doesn't work 'Os. Ask any bar foreign bar owner...inflation is 20%. However, I did see something about technical deflation last month. Utility rates are pretty low, I paid under 4 thb per unit on my last bill. I think this drought could affect food prices, but not too much. Egg prices are down....10 smalls for 20 THB at the high volume places. Nice mediums for 22-25. Sugar is real cheap, like 20 THB per Kg on promotion. Currency fluctuations can be our best friend or worst enemy. Some of the biggest price increases I've seen over the last 20 years have been in prescription drugs and tuition...but many don't use, either. I think rent prices have gone up a little in CM. I helped a friend find a place a few weeks ago, and what was 6500 per month a few years ago is now 7500-8000 inside the moat, and I wold blame that more on higher labor costs, than demand. Many will sit empty, and more people are realizing there are real expenses involved in running a rental. The Dayli upped their promo to 3 for 169, but that lasted about three weeks, and it was good insight into how price sensitive the younger Thais are (most of their clientele). 6 for 299 last night, and employees outnumbered customers for most of the evening. So it appears a lot of people haven't got word that the good promo is back.

The Dayli upped their promo to 3 for 169, but that lasted about three weeks, and it was good insight into how price sensitive the younger Thais are (most of their clientele). 6 for 299 last night, and employees outnumbered customers for most of the evening. So it appears a lot of people haven't got word that the good promo is back.

6 what ?? for 299bht.

Last week in Bar Bar (next to Dayli) Large beer Chang Classic, 3 for 100bht

The Dayli upped their promo to 3 for 169, but that lasted about three weeks, and it was good insight into how price sensitive the younger Thais are (most of their clientele). 6 for 299 last night, and employees outnumbered customers for most of the evening. So it appears a lot of people haven't got word that the good promo is back.

6 what ?? for 299bht.

Last week in Bar Bar (next to Dayli) Large beer Chang Classic, 3 for 100bht

Large Leo or 500 ml Singha. Mine were born on 12 June, which is acceptable to me, and don't think for a second they won't hand you one that is 3 months old at any of the LK or MM bars.

I compared to my home base city of Washington DC. 1700 USD here is the equivalent to 5900 USD (after taxes there), per month. DC wins on wine and clothing, but little else. CM scores very well on healthcare and personal safety, but it doesn't appear that they factored in the extremely dangerous roads.

I compared to my home base city of Washington DC. 1700 USD here is the equivalent to 5900 USD (after taxes there), per month. DC wins on wine and clothing, but little else. CM scores very well on healthcare and personal safety, but it doesn't appear that they factored in the extremely dangerous roads.

You mean the excitement factor? biggrin.png

Like a friend said to me, when I moved into BWT. I don't think you will get robbed, not sure that I can say the same about a dog-bite."

Exciting place to go for a lone evening stroll or bike ride. sad.png

Like a friend said to me, when I moved into BWT. I don't think you will get robbed, not sure that I can say the same about a dog-bite."

My memory must be slowly going. Or I've been out of Thailand too long. I can't remember what BWT is ...

My memory must be slowly going. Or I've been out of Thailand too long. I can't remember what BWT is ...

I just presumed Ban Wang Tan

It is not your memory but the accursed acronyms. The refuge of the lazy IMFAO (in my f...ing arrogant opinion).

Archived