Arrested students plan to ask for an open trial

Lite Beer

These students are not protestors, they are political activists. There is a BIG difference.

And Thailand does not need political activists trying to cause trouble at this time. Their kind took the country towards civil war with their terrorism : now they have to wait for the grown ups to make some ground rules. Then they will get another go which they will undoubtedly try to mess up again with their corruption.

In a feudal society intellect is terrorism.

It's for this that PTP let Isaan in feodal society

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Abhisit said the government should recognise that there were people who opposed the military regime with honest intentions and he didn't want to see people being pushed to the 'other side'."

Somehow I don't think Abhisit views his Democrat Party as being part of the "other side."

The longer the Junta radicalizes its suppression of Thai People's rights and liberties, Abhisit knows the more likelihood that voters will not support in the next election his Democrat Party that was pro-coup.

They can ask for ice cream, a TV in their cells and a bedtime story too, for all the good its gonna do.

However much we might think their crime is not so bad, they broke the law.

As we all know, acting like Prima Donnas does not go down well with Thai authorities.

Even Win and Zaw worked that one out.

When you're in pokey, you take your lumps

What are you talking about , they voiced their opinion peacefully and are now in Prison. Maybe they will do it to your kids one day , what an idiotic thing to say

Well at least they are not dead like so many other peaceful protestors.

Which - coincidentally - is the WHOLE reason we had a coup in the first place.

Because of that we are in an interim Junta who are doing everything they can to stop people who WANT a wedge through Thai society from doing it again.

But I don't expect you to understand. There are a lot of people in this world who cannot see anything except that which is right in front of their face.

What's funny is that they are usually the ones who also think everyone else are the idiots.

Ahh, the streets of Bangkok filled with dead bodies on the brink of civil war....complete and utter tosh the junta got involved after they realized the hi-so were beginning to lose their grip

"There are a lot of people in this world who cannot see anything except that which is right in front of their face" yep your a case in point a westerner with all the privileges that gave you calling for a man who took power at the point of a gun to stop the very privileges you and most of the developed world takes for granted, classy....

They haven't got a valid defense for kids being detained without trial , so they keep spouting the Junta crap. I tell you what these people should be ashamed of themselves for condoning the oppression of the right to free speech and political choice. Thats what Fascists do

And wasn't Pra Issara walking about with more than 5 people recently gathering signatures for a political purpose?

If the shoe fits indeed!!

He was not on public space when he launch his signature gathering

Contrary of the 14

So where did the 50,000 signatures all come from then? ;)

" a group of about 50 lecturers, students and human rights activists"

Bluntly untrue. I was there. There were more than 200 people.

Which side of the fence, if I may ask?

Not asking for bail....they appear to be taking their lumps

At this point it's clear these kids are just doing what they are being told to do.

It's just gameplay - someone more mature than these kids is pulling the strings

At this point it's clear these kids are just doing what they are being told to do.

Of course they are, silly me obviously students have never been able to think or protest for themselves without some shadowy Mr big pulling the strings....what do you reckon Thaksin, Yingluck, PTP???? they seem to be the duty bogeyman for this latest edition of the junta fan club in this the latest of many coups, makes you wonder how the ruling Thais got on before Thaksin and co were about....

I would be surprised if it was the same side as you

Of course they are, silly me obviously students have never been able to think or protest for themselves without some shadowy Mr big pulling the strings....what do you reckon Thaksin, Yingluck, PTP???? they seem to be the duty bogeyman for this latest edition of the junta fan club in this the latest of many coups, makes you wonder how the ruling Thais got on before Thaksin and co were about....

Have you met many students in this country???

Do you think these kids are allowed use of the prison conference room to come up with their joint decisions on bail etc?

Or you think perhaps the lawyer is co-ordinating the whole show?

Or maybe these students are all independently making the same decisions.

Think about it....

They will not pay for bell money! Very strange because someone is paying them a lot of money or they are in the Thai Hotel jail cells for the elite Thai

criminals. Some party is paying them well to test the system and are getting better treatment than normal Thai law breaker. Looking for the rest of the world to say poor students should be released and allow riots again!

A very apt name you have there...go on stick the T word in I know you want to!! all the junta cheerleaders seem to think that family are the bogey man for all that goes wrong here!! who was the bogey man for the other multiple coups the military have inflicted on the country to reinforce the elites hold though

I don't believe "that family" are behind all that goes wrong here. But in the last 10 years that I am aware of, they have been responsible for their fair share of it !

And despite all those "coups the military have inflicted on the country" over the years Thailand has managed to stumble along to this point, becoming the destination of choice for millions of tourists every year and home to thousands of foreigners like yourself, and myself, who spend their spare time bleating about affairs Thai.

We have probably one thing in common, much as we love to moan and groan about the way Thais do things, at the end of the day they are wasted words, because Thais will keep on doing things their way no matter what. thumbsup.gif

Have you met many students in this country???

Do you think these kids are allowed use of the prison conference room to come up with their joint decisions on bail etc?

Or you think perhaps the lawyer is co-ordinating the whole show?

Or maybe these students are all independently making the same decisions.

Think about it....

I have had a good think about it and have come to the opinion that you are completely and utterly wrong and have routinely swallowed all the <deleted> about shadowy Mr Big's

As much as I believe many Thais are apathetic and lazy it doesn't take much to work out what is going on in this place and to work out a way to strike back, I reckon even a couple of students could do it as it aint rocket science...

They will not pay for bell money! Very strange because someone is paying them a lot of money or they are in the Thai Hotel jail cells for the elite Thai

criminals. Some party is paying them well to test the system and are getting better treatment than normal Thai law breaker. Looking for the rest of the world to say poor students should be released and allow riots again!

A very apt name you have there...go on stick the T word in I know you want to!! all the junta cheerleaders seem to think that family are the bogey man for all that goes wrong here!! who was the bogey man for the other multiple coups the military have inflicted on the country to reinforce the elites hold though

I don't believe "that family" are behind all that goes wrong here. But in the last 10 years that I am aware of, they have been responsible for their fair share of it !

We have probably one thing in common, much as we love to moan and groan about the way Thais do things, at the end of the day they are wasted words, because Thais will keep on doing things their way no matter what. thumbsup.gif

Finally something that we can agree on!!

I never believed that these kids were acting on behalf of a shadowy group, I think they're just typical idealistic youngsters. I also think it is wrong to detain them for weeks, since they didn't cause property damage or other serious crimes. Detaining them overnight and issuing a formal caution would have been enough, in my humble opinion.

But then to add context, this is a really sensitive issue at the moment, we had protests that went on for four months in 2010, with gridlock and serious harm to local business, and much worse. I understand why the current government is really touchy about demonstrations starting again, after the months-long disastrous demonstrations in recent years. They are trying for peace and stability, and regaining the trust of businesses. And while in principle I totally don't agree with what happened to these kids, in context of recent events and the current climate of moving on from those recent events, I can totally understand why the government is touchy and likely to stamp on anything that might bring more of those marathon demos five years ago. In my own case, I have been attending demos since the 80s, but I would never do so in the current fragile climate, especially as I see the government trying to bring about peace and stability, which is the bedrock required for future democratic rights. It is a difficult situation and in my own case I would have waited another year with the demo stuff.

Edited by Yunla

They can ask for ice cream, a TV in their cells and a bedtime story too, for all the good its gonna do.

As we all know, acting like Prima Donnas does not go down well with Thai authorities.

What are you talking about , they voiced their opinion peacefully and are now in Prison. Maybe they will do it to your kids one day , what an idiotic thing to say

yes an illegal opinion....

Say in Germany that you like Hitler, say in USA that you want to kill the president for your religion, say in Saudi Arabia that you don't like the Prophet (or that you want a beer or that you are gay) and you are in a much worse situation than these students.

H90, why do you constantly keep making references and comparisons to stuff you clearly have no idea about?

You do know about Godwin's law right? Using Hitler or the Nazis in any context in an online debate immediately loses the debate?

Something you constantly do.

yes an illegal opinion....

Say in Germany that you like Hitler, say in USA that you want to kill the president for your religion, say in Saudi Arabia that you don't like the Prophet (or that you want a beer or that you are gay) and you are in a much worse situation than these students.

In some minds Thailand is the only country in the world that has any restrictions whatsoever on what you can do or say publicly.

Not so, and although you made some good examples I bet there are many more.

Meanwhile, millions of people are leading a normal life, coup notwithstanding.

And wasn't Pra Issara walking about with more than 5 people recently gathering signatures for a political purpose?

If the shoe fits indeed!!

He was not on public space when he launch his signature gathering

Contrary of the 14

So where did the 50,000 signatures all come from then? wink.png

Dear Fat Haggis did you have pictures, videos, news report with date and hour of your claim ?

I'm not hear that a rally of 50 000 people taken place in Street of Bangkok last months whistling.gif

Collect signature in Wat is different to rally in public space. I like farang who did not understand thai peoplewai2.gif

So, a high profile monk, walked alone, and gathered 50,000 signature for his petition, alone, nobody else went with him?

Oddly enough, I DO recall the pictures of him when it was announced within a thread here, and he wasn't alone, he was in the company of more than 5 people too.

Feel free to believe that he did it all on his Jack Jones, I tend to believe he was NOT alone.

I would be surprised if it was the same side as you

With the 50 (or 200) protesters outside the prison, with me at home happily typing away, it would seem you suggest that our dear Fangy is inside the prison. Personally I do hope he is on the same side as I myself wink.png

are now in Prison

No, they are not in prison, they are in jail awaiting trial. They wouldn't even be in jail if they hadn't refused to bond themselves out.

Hyperbolic, much?

.....as instructed.....

....heroic.....don't be ridiculous......

I see the propaganda arm of the military are now employing daleks to post on here. Exterminate!

I see the propaganda arm of the military PTP are now employing daleks to post on here.

There. TIFY

Exterminate!

With an exclamation mark, yet. Who is being exterminated?

Hyperbolic, much?

Since the only alternative to the Junta is Thaksin, it is clear that those who are against reforms are Thaksin supporters. Those of us who haven't lost our memory know who supported criminals of PTP even before the coup. Who are the daleks, now?

Bravo for these students! They are courageous and tough to stand up to the thugs with guns.

stand up to the thugs with guns

Are you calling the RTA, thugs? Is the Junta wearing side-arms?

Your post is pure hyperbole in the support of the return of Thaksin to power in Thailand. Why do you hate Thai people so much?

this is what I predicted! Sacco and Vanzetti way of propaganda!

sometimes it even scares me - to be so accurate...

TimmyT, sometimes you even scare me - you are so inaccurate.

If you want to be in the least convincing, please point out the parallels in this case and that of S&V. Betcha can't.

You're not very good at this propaganda stuff, are you? Keep trying. Although you show no aptitude for propaganda, practice makes perfect.

They broke the law.....whose law ?

The current, well-publicized law of Thailand, duh.

These students intentionally challenged authority and for any authority to remain as authority, they cannot allow the laws to be broken and cannot be selective in which laws they enforce or to whom they are lenient. Is it not that way in your own home country?

The alternative is anarchy.

this is what I predicted! Sacco and Vanzetti way of propaganda!

sometimes it even scares me - to be so accurate...

TimmyT, sometimes you even scare me - you are so inaccurate.

If you want to be in the least convincing, please point out the parallels in this case and that of S&V. Betcha can't.

You're not very good at this propaganda stuff, are you? Keep trying. Although you show no aptitude for propaganda, practice makes perfect.

I would just as soon he stay on your side of the fence, mind. Saves us 'Antis' a lot of bother in demolishing your cause...?

Not the Nation. Great place to get your 'facts' other than your Communist inspired Red Shirt play book.

It seems you don't have much of an argument when you descend to ridicule instead of citing real reasons.

They broke the law.....whose law ?

Sadly, they broke the law of uncertainty. sad.png

I am not sure they are allowed a cat in prison?, or are they???

If you are referring to Schrodinger's Cat, it takes a lot more than the cat to show the uncertainty.

Obtuse, much?

Well, Lord Valdemort na Dubai is responsible for 'only' the last two coups. He wasn't in politics before that.

As for him being responsible for the bogey man for all that goes wrong here! That's just a Straw Man for you to knock down with a feather since NO ONE has made that claim.

The only alternative to the Junta is Thaksin and anyone trying to overthrow the Junta is working to bring Thaksin back to power in Thailand whether they know they are acting on Thaksin's behalf or not.

Why do you want Thaksin to return to power? Do you hate Thai people that much?