Any Good Live Band Music Bars Or Clubs In Pattaya?

nonameidentified

That's very subjective BM as aren't you part of the TV clique in Pattaya, as is the owner of the Blues Factory?

Clique, wow, I wish I knew of that. Everytime I go there Dave is either not there or is too busy to say hello.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very subjective BM as aren't you part of the TV clique in Pattaya, as is the owner of the Blues Factory?

Clique, wow, I wish I knew of that. Everytime I go there Dave is either not there or is too busy to say hello.

When did you go?

I've been away for a week otherwise the staff sometimes say i'm not there when i'm really in the office. :o

I'm normally there 5 days a week and i normally pop outside for a drink after about 1230am. :D

When did you go?

I've been away for a week otherwise the staff sometimes say i'm not there when i'm really in the office. :o

I'm normally there 5 days a week and i normally pop outside for a drink after about 1230am. :D

I think it was in August. I will be down again late October, I just breeze in and out. I will send you a PM later to give you travel pland and have a hello.

When did you go?

I think it was in August. I will be down again late October, I just breeze in and out. I will send you a PM later to give you travel pland and have a hello.

Ok great. :D

When did you go?

When Dave's not at the Blues Factory, you can prob find him at Jenny's with Kurgen. :D

When did you go?

When Dave's not at the Blues Factory, you can prob find him at Jenny's with Kurgen. :D

Gheez, you guys really know each other well :D

Is it still 160 baht for a Red Label and water at the Blues Factory?

Won't be spending a lot of time there if it is.

Nice try Wilko. :o

It has never been 160 bht for a Red soda. 135bht for all ORIGINAL spirits the last year or so (120bht before hand).

ps

(thats too expensive comments won't be taken seriously.)

Edited by davethailand

It has never been 160 bht for a Red soda. 135bht for all ORIGINAL spirits the last year or so (120bht before hand).

ps

Hi dave

do you sell cyder at the blue factory?

this will be the 4th time in Pattaya in november

and I haven't been to your place yet

usually go once a week down to easy riders

will def make a point of coming to see your band(s)

cheers

Jing-Jo

ps

Red water - not soda.....so were thety charging me for a mixer??????

When did you go?

Gheez, you guys really know each other well :D

Thank you Nonameidentified...........you summed it up perfectly. The TV.com coterie of Pattaya.

ps

That's a naive comment coming from a bar owner/manager. You should be taking these comments seriously. Complacency and self-preening isn't advisable in any business. :D

Miss Baboo,

You seem to be determined to be critical of other members of the Pattaya forum.

You methods of criticism are very much akin to trolling... which is against forum rules.

Please modify your behaviour or your membership of this forum will be short-lived.

Other members, please be reminded of the Forum Rules.

:o

Red water - not soda.....so were thety charging me for a mixer??????

135bht all SPIRITS and that price is the same with ice, water, coke, soda or neat. :D

Hi dave

cheers

Jing-Jo

We stock the swedish stuff, Halstead i think it is. :D

Thank you Nonameidentified...........you summed it up perfectly. The TV.com coterie of Pattaya.

Boring, another troll.

That's a naive comment coming from a bar owner/manager. You should be taking these comments seriously. Complacency and self-preening isn't advisable in any business

I can say what i like when i know for a fact that by bar has NEVER charged anyone 160bht for a red water. :D

Edited by davethailand

Miss Baboo,

You methods of criticism are very much akin to trolling... which is against forum rules.

Please modify your behaviour or your membership of this forum will be short-lived.

Kaw toht ka. Chan see-uh jai dooay ka. I very sorry. I am not troll. :D

Miss Baboo,

Your english writing skills have lapsed a bit from your last post hav'nt they? :D

Miss Baboo,

A troll you are indeed....and did you leave the `N` off the end of your user name?

Miss Baboo,

A troll you are indeed....and did you leave the `N` off the end of your user name?

Miss Baboon? 555555

Hi dave

cheers

Jing-Jo

We stock the swedish stuff, Halstead i think it is. :D

Bloody hel_l

Halstead ?

A cyder I havent tried

def have to come to your bar in november

do you serve morgans spiced gold too?

c u in Nov for a beer or two :D:o

cheers

Jing-jo

Halmsted cider, apple or pear or strawberry. :D

HMMMMM!!

doesnt sound too good

flavoured cyder

it should have only one flavour

natural

Cyder should be sharp and dry with a hint of sweetness

with a taste that keeps you coming back for more

and refreshes all parts equally

sounds like the Los or it's females can't tell which :o

counting down the days till i'm back there

and the months till I'm living there

Dave,

what's the sugar content and ABV content like?

cheers

Halmsted cider, apple or pear or strawberry. :D

HMMMMM!!

doesnt sound too good

flavoured cyder

it should have only one flavour

natural

Cyder should be sharp and dry with a hint of sweetness

with a taste that keeps you coming back for more

and refreshes all parts equally

sounds like the Los or it's females can't tell which :o

counting down the days till i'm back there

and the months till I'm living there

Dave,

what's the sugar content and ABV content like?

cheers

About 4.5% alcohol i think, Its apparently made with real fruit juice and not fake siht.

:D

I was down the soi at 2 group of bars the other night. There are a few bands in different bars there. The one that I thought was pretty good was the one 2 bars down from soi 2 on the front of 2nd. road. On the check bins it had "Pacific Bar" on it. Really good stuff coming out from 3 Thai guys, 1 on drums and 2 on guitars. Was really worth listening too and the prices were average. Who was the farang guest singer wearing a yellow shirt, he was awsome, really knew how to sing. Tried going to Easyriders at around 9.30 - 10 PM but there was no one there? Can't go into an empty bar, maybe I was too early.

I was down the soi at 2 group of bars the other night. There are a few bands in different bars there. The one that I thought was pretty good was the one 2 bars down from soi 2 on the front of 2nd. road. On the check bins it had "Pacific Bar" on it. Really good stuff coming out from 3 Thai guys, 1 on drums and 2 on guitars. Was really worth listening too and the prices were average. Who was the farang guest singer wearing a yellow shirt, he was awsome, really knew how to sing. Tried going to Easyriders at around 9.30 - 10 PM but there was no one there? Can't go into an empty bar, maybe I was too early.

That reminds me of another question. Usually the bars start their bands after 10pm is it? Very often the bars are dead before 10.

It can be a good idea for the bars to have stuff like those bars in singapore. The so called happy hours bands or accoustic bands. Ranges from a soloist (guitar or keyboard and voice) to like 3 pieces band (voice, guitar and bass). They sometimes start as early as 7pm till 10pm. It's usually a good way to discover new talents and potentially combine musicians to form a band. And of course since some of them can be amateurs, they're not paid as well too. And that's why it's not so tough for the bar owners.

Anyone wants to buy this idea???? :o

That reminds me of another question. Usually the bars start their bands after 10pm is it? Very often the bars are dead before 10.

It can be a good idea for the bars to have stuff like those bars in singapore. The so called happy hours bands or accoustic bands. Ranges from a soloist (guitar or keyboard and voice) to like 3 pieces band (voice, guitar and bass). They sometimes start as early as 7pm till 10pm. It's usually a good way to discover new talents and potentially combine musicians to form a band. And of course since some of them can be amateurs, they're not paid as well too. And that's why it's not so tough for the bar owners.

Anyone wants to buy this idea???? :o

My first band starts at 9pm and they are amongst the best in Pattaya (individually some maybe the best in their field) but i've always kept an open mind on guests playing early, Work permits can be a problem although i'm not to worried as they are'nt working, the other problem of course is some are'nt really good enough. :D

My first band starts at 9pm and they are amongst the best in Pattaya (individually some maybe the best in their field) but i've always kept an open mind on guests playing early, Work permits can be a problem although i'm not to worried as they are'nt working, the other problem of course is some are'nt really good enough. :D

What about those expats who work in the day and used to play in bands before? That can solve those work permit problems.

What they do in singapore is that they pay the musicians cash on hand directly after the gig. They are paid by hour and there's no tax forms to fill for the musicians. So sometimes the person might be playing just for a week or a night. They come and go but good music stays!

Well, anyway it's just a suggestion. By the way, if you need any guest musicians appearance once in a while like special gig for a night, you can let me know. They do visit Thailand pretty often. And well, of course they are not amateurs. :o

Edited by nonameidentified

What about those expats who work in the day and used to play in bands before? That can solve those work permit problems.

What they do in singapore is that they pay the musicians cash on hand directly after the gig. They are paid by hour and there's no tax forms to fill for the musicians. So sometimes the person might be playing just for a week or a night. They come and go but good music stays!

They are still legally not allowed to perform, although as said jamming etc normally is'nt a problem.

Well, anyway it's just a suggestion. By the way, if you need any guest musicians appearance once in a while like special gig for a night, you can let me know. They do visit Thailand pretty often. And well, of course they are not amateurs. :o

Who are they?