Should I Transfer In New Airport On Sep. 28?

x_xy

I will arrive in Bangkok from Shanghai at about 1:00am on Sep 28 and transfer to Koh Samui, I have reserved the e-ticket, at 6:00am on the same day. So I think I will land at the old airport and have to go to the new airport to take ticket and transfer, is it right?

Are there any bus between the two airports? How long time will I spend from old airport to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

What airline are you flying SHA-BKK? A single ticket or spearate tickets? Checked bags?

Some airlines are currently scheduling aircraft in to the new airport on 27 Sep., because they will need to use that same aircraft for a departing flight the next morning, so your flight could well land at the new airport. If you land at the old airport I'd suggest you take a taxi to the new airport. Normally a taxi might take 30 - 60 min. at that time of day but it could be crazy as all the hghways will be jammed with vehicles moving equipment from the old airport to the new airport.

If you land at the old airport I'd suggest you take a taxi to the new airport. Normally a taxi might take 30 - 60 min. at that time of day but it could be crazy as all the hghways will be jammed with vehicles moving equipment from the old airport to the new airport.

You also need to consider that there might not be any taxis at Don Muang at that time. I was originally scheduled to come in about the same time on Sept. 28, but changed my flight to the following day, arriving at Suvarnabhumi. The only reason I changed my date was because I was worried that Don Muang will be close to being closed down and I reckon there's a good chance that taxis will be avoiding going there during it's final hours. Not to mention that there could potentially be a shortage of immigration workers, or any other types of workers or equipment that could seriously delay the landing or processing of passengers. What would happen if your flight got delayed by a couple hours? So instead of landing at 01:00, you land at 03:00 when the airport is technically already closed? They should have some plan to deal with this, but I would't be surprised if they didn't and you might end up stuck at Don Muang for a very long time. Personally, I wouldn't take any chances with expecting a taxi. I'd prebook a car ("limousine") to be waiting for me upon my arrival. Anyways, don't want to scare you too much, because it's all purely speculation. But just be prepared in case something goes terribly wrong in arriving at an airport that's in the process of being closed down.

Edit: Just wanted to add that if you prebook a car, you'll be charged a price based on distance, not a taxi meter. If there's a major traffic jam between the airports due to all the transferring of equipment, you won't pay any extra, but with a taxi the meter will be running the whole time and you'd be stuck with an expensive taxi ride.

Edited by Soju