"High speed train" Padang Besar to Kuala Lumpur and return

wdr

New convenient option reaching Kuala Lumpur from Padang Besar with "High speed train".

Train # 9209 leave Padang Besar (Thai Border) 16:00 arrival KL 21:15

Train # 9208 leave KL 09:30 arrival Padang Besar 15:00

Ticket one way MYR 44 (Age 60+)

The train also stop @Butterworth/Penang. Across the bridge you reach the ferry to Penang.

No longer inconvenient bus. Connection from Hat Yai to Padang Besar by bus ~ 1 hr, price THB 38

Can you tell me how to buy a 60+ ticket for this train pls?

I'm not sure that you can. Shows 80 RM for Adults and 44 RM for Children. Not sure from where the OP got his 44 RM quote.

Unless this is relevant:

"Wargamas"

 Category: Concession & Discount

 Published: Thursday, 31 October 2013

 Written by Super User

Open to all citizens of the status-old naturalized citizen or otherwise over the age of 60 years and above will entitle them to receive a fifty percent discount 50% of the adult base fare travel on all classes of travel for intercity services.

http://www.ktmb.com.my/

http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2015/07/12/ktmb-president-explains-confusion-over-electric-train/

Edited by RobbieJohn

Can you tell me how to buy a 60+ ticket for this train pls?

Discounts for Senior Citizens (60+) are not available when booking online, so you will still have to buy your tickets from the station and show your passport.

The above train service is only for a few days over adilfiltri.

re senior citizen fares on KTMB:

UNtill about 2 yrs ago this applied to anyone, just show proof of age-but ONLY for IC-sector, not the locals around KUL=komuter. The airporttrain to KLIA is completely different company.

Since then one needs to buy a kind of card, which is only issued when showing a MYkad, which is effectively the Malay standard ID, but as such also available, after a long&burocratic process, to anyone legally living there long time. That MYkad opens many more concessions then.