Career advice for wife

I'm in two minds whether this should be posted in the migration to other countries forum, so mods please move if appropriate.

Looking for some advice for my wife from all you professionals in the field of education, as I have no personal professional experience of the field myself. Briefly, we moved from Thailand to UK about 5 years ago and wife is now a British Citizen. After studying for the necessary immigration requirements she has continued in college to further improve her English and is presently at CEFR B2 level.

She has done a fair bit of freelance interpreting work for an agency and makes a reasonable income at this. However she is keen to add to her qualifications in furtherance of her career, and this is where my question arises. She enjoys interpreting, but is also attracted to the possibility of teaching. When I retire in around 15 years' time we may choose to spend part of each year back in Thailand, and she is unsure about the best path to proceed with, study-wise, to end up in a situation which will be most beneficial in the future if we were living part-year in UK and part-year in Thailand.

The options appear to be to continue developing the interpreting route which will mean studying for the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting, which opens up the prospect of working for UK public bodies such as UKVI or the Police. Alternatively to pursue teaching - possibly TESOL or CELTA.

What do respected forum members think would be a better bet for the scenario I outline here? Other suggestions would be equally welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Probably not teaching.

As because she's Thai, they likely won't offer foreign wages, and Thai temporary staff get paid peanuts (And she likely wouldn't get a permanent government position, also even if she did the starting rates are low for her experience, as they expect people to start young & work their way up the pay scale).

Unless she wanted to primarily focus on private tutoring, then she could potentially make a decent amount depending on her contacts/marketing.

I'm not sure about what her options re: translation services etc would be. It's the type of thing though, where if she was able to do it freelance via the Internet for her existing clients, she could potentially make a pretty decent amount though.

Potential employers have the added benefit of a proficient English speaker with Thai nationality, that's a bonus in itself. CELTA seems to be the most respected. What about translation services, they command good rates here and can mostly be home based so ideal if you are between here and UK.