• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2015 at 5:18 PM, venkydiddi said:

i am single so no alcohol and veg food and i can stay in sharing

and job is in bangakok only

lifestyle means like ordinary (middle level)

i will prefer almost saving :P

No stay in India.

I save millions and millions of Dollars, I guess that makes me 35 times more amazing than you!

it has nothing to do with being amazing or not. what I try to explain is you can live a better and richer life with less money.

by example some guys spend a fortune just to take a shower in a 5 stars hotel . I spend much less and I still get shower. do I feel dirtier because I didn't take a shower in a 5 stars hotel? after showering, I have just saved 5000 bahts that I can spend in something more worthy for me.

On ‎10‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 10:28 AM, returnofthailand said:

it s called wind catcher and these systems exist since thousand years ago. only idiot architects build houses with ac

You like to call everybody who is not living same as you or have a different opinion "Idiot or stupid".

You think a real smart guy would show their smartness?

On 9/12/2016 at 7:35 PM, HampiK said:

You like to call everybody who is not living same as you or have a different opinion "Idiot or stupid".

You think a real smart guy would show their smartness?

On 9/12/2016 at 7:25 PM, returnofthailand said:

it has nothing to do with being amazing or not. what I try to explain is you can live a better and richer life with less money.

by example some guys spend a fortune just to take a shower in a 5 stars hotel . I spend much less and I still get shower. do I feel dirtier because I didn't take a shower in a 5 stars hotel? after showering, I have just saved 5000 bahts that I can spend in something more worthy for me.

Yes, in much the same way as  eating food you dig out of a dumpster fills you up just the same as a meal you buy at a five-star restaurant. 

While I understand (and generally agree) one does not need a lot of money to enjoy a rich, full life, please explain how (assuming you have the money) you can live a better and richer life just by spending less money.

A couple of things that raises a few questions. I have not read the entire thread, so apologies if this is already answered.

1. Although 65K is an awful lot for a software engineer in Thailand (note that I am talking about a Thai educated in Thailand), it is actually on par with what many of the good ones get paid when they reach team leader- or first management level. The problem though, is that they will struggle to support your application for a WP unless they can show that you provide a level of expertise that cannot be found in Thailand. And if you're at an expert level you should be able to get a higher salary than 65K. In fact, MUCH higher.

2. I would stay away from Thai companies unless they have an international presence with offices in at least 10 countries. I can be completely wrong but this sounds like a mid size Thai company. Is it?

Having said that, as a skilled professional I wouldn't accept anything less than 150K for ANY position in Thailand. Actually, I wouldn't accept anything less than 400K + benefits, but that would be a Director level position.

One more thing that you should be aware of:

IF you manage to secure a position with, let's say a minimum of 150K per month (which in my opinion is a more appropriate salary for someone with the expertise required to secure a work permit), there is a chance that you will be subject to a decent level of abomination by your co-workers as soon as your salary becomes publicly known. And trust me, it will. The HR staff will eventually talk about this between them, first with jealousy and later with disgust and ultimately it will seep out to the rest of the organisation. You need skills that are superior, OR hold a senior management position to prevent this.

If you are a software engineer and want to move to Thailand, I would reach out to the larger IT companies with a presence in Bangkok. They're all over the place, and most of them have lots of expats.

Good luck, you wont regret it! 

Edited by Forethat

On 7/17/2015 at 8:37 AM, Suradit69 said:

"Thailand is well behind other areas of the world ..."

Maybe you could be more specific about the location of those "areas" where one can find these super-skilled "engineers."

You mean like the skilled software engineers that caused the New York Stock Exchange to crash for 3 1/2 hours or that left all United Airlines aircraft grounded a week ago or maybe the UK Border & Immigration system fiasco or the several debacles at the British airports or the colllapse of enrollment in the "ObamaCare" program?

and did it  leave the  users info online for anyone to see like the Thai immigration fiasco? maybe they all use the 123456 password

18 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

For a software engineer with experience 65,000 baht per month is super low

Our entry level software engineers make around 175,000 baht

I know a couple of international software companies with a presence in Thailand and their software engineers start at around 25K...

Again, that'll be Thai engineers.

On 9/19/2016 at 4:12 AM, bwpage3 said:

For a software engineer with experience 65,000 baht per month is super low

Our entry level software engineers make around 175,000 baht

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that only if the engineer is fluent in the Thai language?

On 7/17/2015 at 10:01 AM, rlopes said:

What you were offered is a LOT of money for any place in Thailand. 99% of the thais don't make a fraction of that.

The people saying that this isn't much are either jealous or they spend all their money with booze and girls.

Or it could be said u r jealous

12 hours ago, returnofthailand said:

oh poor baby. live with 65k will be very hard.
you will get only a 2 floor house, swimming pool, a car and a few ladies.... bouhouhouhou.... life is unfair ;)

It is all relative, a community pool, where anyone can urinate in, could be said is a big toilet, or nothing more than a cess pool.

65k, isnt going to allow for car ownership, or at least any car 350hp and above. It wont allow for the ownership of an off shore sport fishing boat, it wont allow for a lifestyle where you dont worry about what is in your wallet, as oddly enough u just seem to have 20k in your wallet at any given moment.

65k, will allow you to eat out, often, but not allow you to have 2/3 BHT meals with your companion, but as i said before, you can run the AC (i guess that could be lavish to some)

31 minutes ago, Dakhar said:

Or it could be said u r jealous

It is all relative, a community pool, where anyone can urinate in, could be said is a big toilet, or nothing more than a cess pool.

65k, isnt going to allow for car ownership, or at least any car 350hp and above. It wont allow for the ownership of an off shore sport fishing boat, it wont allow for a lifestyle where you dont worry about what is in your wallet, as oddly enough u just seem to have 20k in your wallet at any given moment.

65k, will allow you to eat out, often, but not allow you to have 2/3 BHT meals with your companion, but as i said before, you can run the AC (i guess that could be lavish to some)

hook, line and sinker. I drive a Ferrari and only make around 35,000 a month before taxes.