Bangkoks best tile/stone shop

Thian

http://www.silatak.com/

This is a great shop for all your stone floors/countertops. The only problem is that nobody of the huge crew can speak english and it's very busy all day. They have a huge stock.

Do you guys know other good and cheap stoneshops in the area of Bangkok?

Or any other very big shop for materials like wood/stone/metal. It has to be busy there or it ain't good.

This shop is much cheaper then any granite shop you know, please prove me wrong i dare ya.

I don't (like) understand though why they have to play gospel music in the webshop and you can't turn it offfacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

No comments? I saved all of you guys at least 10.000 baht with this tip!

Serious this granite/stone/tileshop has grown very fast last years and is huge now. Why? Because they are cheap and have good quality stones.

This one costs half of Boonthavorn.

No comments? I saved all of you guys at least 10.000 baht with this tip!

Serious this granite/stone/tileshop has grown very fast last years and is huge now. Why? Because they are cheap and have good quality stones.

This one costs half of Boonthavorn.

Thanks Thian,

I've only been able to see a few smaller ones around. This looks to be great.

I'm renovating a bathroom , do they sell tiles too ? (I think so from Website)

If you have any recommendations for good Bathroom renovation tradesmen would appreciate a PM.

Regards,

Neal

Neal i don't think they sell bathroom tiles unless you want marble or granite. But the shop is expanding very fast and they offer more products all the time.

Along the ringroads in Bangkok are many tile outlets but i don't know any good one. If they don't show the price then move on.

The shop i recommend shows their price for sure.

Is there a tile shop that doesn't sell mirror shiny floor tiles? I can't stand them and they are slippery as hell.

I'm looking for flat or semi flat finish stone floor tiles.

You mean those 60x60 floortiles that all new houses have these days? Yes they are very slippery.

But this shop is more into marble/granite/stonestrips. Those are shiny but i guess they can police them less shiny.

For house floors i would go with the new planktiles who look like real wood. They are awesome and totally maintenancefree. 500 baht a sq metre if i remember well.

They come in different sizes and aren't slippery.

I would never buy those slippery huge floortiles.

Is there a tile shop that doesn't sell mirror shiny floor tiles? I can't stand them and they are slippery as hell.

Both Megahome (Rangsit) anf Thai WatSadu (Chaeng Wattthana , Bang Na ++) sell semi finished floor tiles (plus wood style as above).

Stock can be an issue . I've been dragged there multiple times over last few weeks :-(.

I'm checking Hua Lamphong this weekend as some post said there are a few tile stores there

Regards,

N

Both Megahome (Rangsit) anf Thai WatSadu (Chaeng Wattthana , Bang Na ++) sell semi finished floor tiles (plus wood style as above).

Stock can be an issue . I've been dragged there multiple times over last few weeks :-(.

I'm checking Hua Lamphong this weekend as some post said there are a few tile stores there

Regards,

N

I guess Boonthavorn will have them in stock but for a high price.

There are loads of tile outlets along the ringroads, you have to check them to see what they have but those non slippery floortiles are around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thian ,

Ended up Buying the Counter Top 1.9m x 60cm x 2 ( Counter is 3.8m) . I have held it there as we need to have holes drilled for sink/taps.

Thanks for the tips , much appreciated.

Not sure whether carpenter will do good job of putting them together ... Fingers crossed !!!,

N

"You mean those 60x60 floor tiles that all new houses have these days? Yes they are very slippery."

Even worse, they are very difficult to lay flat. Many "craftsmen" have a simply method: they put the cement if the center, bot the edges, and that makes it much easier. The problem is that the majority of the tiles is not supported, and you'll find that all of the corners are broken off.

Hi Thian ,

Ended up Buying the Counter Top 1.9m x 60cm x 2 ( Counter is 3.8m) . I have held it there as we need to have holes drilled for sink/taps.

Thanks for the tips , much appreciated.

Not sure whether carpenter will do good job of putting them together ... Fingers crossed !!!,

N

Great, that's why i posted this.

They can also make the holes for the sink and stove with their cnc machine.

But the contractors who sit there in the shop all day long are very expensive and not professional at all. They even broke my granite and tried to give me discount if i accepted the crack....yeah right.

The carpenter i had also was a disaster but after all i have a great kitchen now. I had to make it right myself though. We have a counter of about 9 metre i guess, i like big kitchens.

"You mean those 60x60 floor tiles that all new houses have these days? Yes they are very slippery."

Even worse, they are very difficult to lay flat. Many "craftsmen" have a simply method: they put the cement if the center, bot the edges, and that makes it much easier. The problem is that the majority of the tiles is not supported, and you'll find that all of the corners are broken off.

A friend of us let her constructioncompany lay a floor of those as well. It was a disaster so she let them do it again and had to pay for all herself.

Yes the big tiles are hard to lay but they even have 80x80 tiles as well.

Also in Europe we use primer before we lay/hang tiles so the glue/cement has a better grip on the wall/floor. I have searched but never found that primer (from Weber) here in Thailand. I brought 2.5 litre of it with me for the next job.