cut-off time for deposits....

to get interest for that day. It's always been 2pm in the US....I was having a chat with the bank staff the other day...and my Thai is probably more limited than their English. I was getting into the nitty gritty with them on bank procedures, and that was the only unanswered question...they said midnight, but I'm not sure they knew what I meant. If you take out of one bank and put it in another on the same day can you really get interest om both? I doubt it....So when is the daily balance calculated?

I thought it was based on your daily minimum balance. In that case it could be zero in both accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the Bangkok Bank summary for savings accounts ...

• Interest is calculated daily and automatically transferred into your savings account every six months (June and December).

Assuming this is correct (??), it implies that interest is calculated on a daily closing balance basis so it's unlikely you would manage to earn interest twice by trying to time a transfer and, even on a fairly large amount it would only be a matter of a few satang one way or the other.

If the rate is only a percent or two annually, you'd only garner 1/365th of it for one day and would be just as likely to lose it on both as to earn it on both.