Egat bus driver faces murder charge

Lite Beer

Egat bus driver faces murder charge
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- AN arrest warrant has been issued for a bus driver who shot dead an Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat) official, police said yesterday. Egat bus driver Sathit Jumthong, 40, was accused of shooting dead Egat IT official Sopon Jiaraphakanon on the bus on Friday morning in Bangkok.

Sathit will face three charges of premeditated murder, carrying a gun to a public place without permission, and firing the weapon in a public place without sound reason, Bang Phlat investigator Pol Colonel Thepprathan Nipiwan said. The motive for the killing remains unknown, as witnesses and relatives on both sides were unaware of any conflict between the two, he said.

Police suspected there must have been a serious conflict that drove Sathit to commit the crime, after which he made a "wai" in apology to employees on the bus, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Egat-bus-driver-faces-murder-charge-30264746.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-19

"Police suspected there must have been a serious conflict that drove Sathit to commit the crime..."

Now that's a fine piece of detective work if ever there was one. Well done Sherlock !

Police have issued a photofit likeness of the wanted man

post-240734-0-66004200-1437267239_thumb.

"Police suspected there must have been a serious conflict that drove Sathit to commit the crime..."

Now that's a fine piece of detective work if ever there was one. Well done Sherlock !

Lets leave the serious detective work to our TV experts eh?

Police suspected there must have been a serious conflict that drove Sathit to commit the crime, after which he made a "wai" in apology to employees on the bus, he added.

A wai after murdering a person ... - disgusting idiot but he will have to find bail money, should be around 2,000B probably ...

RIP, my thoughts are with the deceased gentleman's family at this dreadful time. What a tragic and senseless loss.

Why are spoiling it for all the funny witty posters while they are in their element.....spoilsport. ....................Amen to your condolences.

Edited by dotpoom

Murder, rape, physical abuse of females...etc, etc Nothing escapes the razor sharp wit of the TV contributors.

Safe in their dis-functionally isolated worlds nothing is off limits to their slewed take on world and local events...

Seems like the bus driver had a bad Thursday night and taking out the Thai No self control anger mood resulting in someone's death and by the sounds of it the ever vigilante police might have caught the right guy for a change.

RIP, my thoughts are with the deceased gentleman's family at this dreadful time. What a tragic and senseless loss.

Why are spoiling it for all the funny witty posters while they are in their element.....spoilsport. ....................Amen to your condolences.

RIP is cheap.unless you know the people what is the point,if anything it cheapens the respect.Thais have a very short memory of people who die.My wifes best friend died a couple of months ago.All very sad at the time,I knew that about1/2 months they are never spoken about.This is why I find all the RIP comments a little self serving from Farangs.If you are half concernced then scan the obits from your own country and any oither that takes you fancy.So shallow,it makes you sound cheap because they don't give a rats arse.This is becoming a sad site,I do not comment on the Septic Island Case as ther are too many Perry Masons who know everything.I enjoy a joke on here but f@*6 the pantomines.That topic is being left to run for a pure finacial reason,look at the posters,A true heartfealt RIP from me would be Hannah and David.I await with baited breatht if this will filter through the sysrem.Honesty is the best policy.

Murder, rape, physical abuse of females...etc, etc Nothing escapes the razor sharp wit of the TV contributors.

Safe in their dis-functionally isolated worlds nothing is off limits to their slewed take on world and local events...

Might trying looking at the press from your home country,theer is worst things happening there,this site is supposed to be about Thailand,but there is not enough bad news hence the links,

Am I reading this correctly? The bus driving somchai shot and killed the other somchai while a busload of somchais looked on? And then the bus driving somchai waied them in apology for murdering someone in front of them? TIT. cheesy.gif

RIP is cheap.unless you know the people what is the point,if anything it cheapens the respect.Thais have a very short memory of people who die.My wifes best friend died a couple of months ago.All very sad at the time,I knew that about1/2 months they are never spoken about.This is why I find all the RIP comments a little self serving from Farangs.If you are half concernced then scan the obits from your own country and any oither that takes you fancy.So shallow,it makes you sound cheap because they don't give a rats arse.This is becoming a sad site,I do not comment on the Septic Island Case as ther are too many Perry Masons who know everything.I enjoy a joke on here but f@*6 the pantomines.That topic is being left to run for a pure finacial reason,look at the posters,A true heartfealt RIP from me would be Hannah and David.I await with baited breatht if this will filter through the sysrem.Honesty is the best policy.

RIP words on a computer screen are the "physical embodiment of my sorrow."

It is possible to feel deep sorrow for people you have never met. It is also natural to feel deep sorrow for a family who have just lost a loved one. Typing out words RIP on a screen does not change anything, but it is reflection of the sorrow I feel.

A wai after murdering a person ... - disgusting idiot but he will have to find bail money, should be around 2,000B probably ...

A respectfull execution, however the charge of firing a gun without cause can be dropped.

Seems like the bus driver had a bad Thursday night and taking out the Thai No self control anger mood resulting in someone's death and by the sounds of it the ever vigilante police might have caught the right guy for a change.

Yes, no self control anger mood AND carrying a firearm which seems to be a must have accessory here.

Despite the supposed purges, crackdowns etc on all manner of things the possession, carrying and willingness to use a firearm doesn't seem to rate much concern from on high.