Phones & Internet To Be Cut

SamuiRes

All I have seen related to this (from The Nation)

Sept. 20 10:52 am An AMC spokesman reads an order of AMC leader Gen Sonthi for the Information and Communication Technology Ministry to check and censor any type of information dissemination that could affect the works of the AMC.

Rumors.

If that were the case, they would have done that already.

Situation is Thailand is calm, considering the alternatives.

What would be the reason to cut phones and internet? There is no rioting in the streets.

I agree that is what it sounds like and we are still OK here on Samui. But that is why I asked the question to see if anyone else had heard the same thing.

Rumors.

If that were the case, they would have done that already.

Situation is Thailand is calm, considering the alternatives.

What would be the reason to cut phones and internet? There is no rioting in the streets.

I agree that is what it sounds like and we are still OK here on Samui. But that is why I asked the question to see if anyone else had heard the same thing.

they probably had a contingency plan but it's unlikely now. thai TV is back on as of a couple of hours ago. we got cable all night, it is only foreign news channels that are still blocked.

I guess they saw a similar report to this before it hit the English language press.

BANGKOK (The Nation): Around 9 pm last night, before the Administrative Reform Councils first announcement, soldiers entered Shin Satellite headquarters the control room for the Thaicom III satellite.

All employees were cleared out.

I had no idea what happened then. Its startling, said a control officer, who anticipated the soldiers could have blocked satellite transmissions.

Hours later, UBC signals broadcast via Thaicom were shut down. At first, there were negotiations to block only news channels particularly CNN and BBC but later all channels, including entertainment, were off air. The shut down was still in force at press time.

Thaicom III building on Phaholyothin Rd also houses control facilities for Advanced Info Service, which operates a GSM mobile phone network. It was seized at about 8 pm.

No soldier went inside the building but were terrified, seeing soldiers sur rounding the building like that, said an AIS employee. Still, we waited until 11 pm, after learning about the coup and seeing no violence. Then, we headed home.

AIS services are operating as usual.

There were also reports the Administrative Reform Council (ARC) sought to cut off all mobile phone networks, but operators talked them out of it because of emergency health situations.

Besides former Shin Corp media outlets, now owned by Temasek Holdings of Singapore, the offices of other mass media including Nation Multimedia Group (NMG) have been encircled by troops.

At the office of NMG on Bangna-Trad Rd, 40 soldiers are stationed around the building. They claim to be here to protect and provide security. Those wanting to enter or leave the property were required to present identification.

Meanwhile all six free-to-air television channels have suspended their normal programs and are broadcasting songs praising His Majesty the King. There is an occasional broadcast for the ARC.

Channel 11, operated by the Public Relations Department, and iTV returned to normal broadcasts at 8.30 am today.

Edited by SamuiRes

It'll be interesting to see how the situation progress especially when it gets dark. If there is violence and bloodshed from any one you bet they'll be censorship and the internet, telephone and all forms of communication device will be cut even electricity :D

The Sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

TH

It'll be interesting to see how the situation progress especially when it gets dark. If there is violence and bloodshed from any one you bet they'll be censorship and the internet, telephone and all forms of communication device will be cut even electricity :D

The Sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

TH

:D:D:o