90 day tourist visa with 3 re-entry permits

okay, this is my first time on here and my first time using a 90 day visa with re-entry permits.

so i'm guessing this question has been asked and answered before...

but i've tried to find a straight forward answer in the forums and my head is about to explode....so many terms i'm not familiar with.

i have a 90 day tourist visa with 3 re-entry permits......and i want to make it last for 6 months....i'm from new zealand and i was told i could do this before i left home.

when i arrived in bangkok i got a stamp giving me 2 months...i have until august 18.....and i know i need to leave before that date.

so does it matter how long i leave thailand for...can i just go out for one or two nights and then come back in...

and...... more imporrtantly will i get another 2 months stamp when i come back in.....

......and then another 2 months after i use my my next re-entry permit? is that how it works?

i really hope that is clear....becasue i would love a simple clear answer....please!!

You have a triple entry tourist visa. Each entry will give you a 60 day "permission to stay" which can be extended , on application to an immigration office, by 30 days at a cost of 1900 Bht.

At the end of each 60+30 day entry you must leave Thailand, enter another country and return to activate another 60 day entry.

Make sure that all three entries are made prior to the visa "use by" date

"so does it matter how long i leave thailand for...can i just go out for one or two nights and then come back in..."

No. You can leave, turn around and come straight back in if you want.

"and...... more imporrtantly will i get another 2 months stamp when i come back in.....

......and then another 2 months after i use my my next re-entry permit? is that how it works? "

Yes, yes and yes. You will be given 60 days each time you enter.

It's also possible to extend the stay of each entry by 30 days at your local immigration office for 1,900 baht. So you can stay about 9 months using 3 x 60 day entries and 3 x 30 day extensions.