Are there other European restaurants in Chiang Mai apart from French and Italian?

Saan

Because no parking? The stone's throw distance requirement you have is one thing, but everyone else just wants to be able to park a car reasonably close.

There is plenty of parking right around the corner, so there goes that theory and I can get to plenty of places of my bicycle or a Songteaw if necessary.

I don't trust Trip Advisor. There are too many fake reviews and I don't know anything about the people making them. I have a pretty good idea about most of the reviewers on the TV Chiang Mai forum.

I believe Trip[ advisor was sued for false information.

Actually, many times. According to my info, of all the cases heard to date, most if not all were won by claimants against TripAd.

Most of the cases were about fake "reviews" created by their own staff.

Actually, just the opposite is the case. Most of the lawsuits were from business that claimed they had been libeled by malicious reviews posted on tripadvisor.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Right around the corner from the Spanish restaurant. The soi usually has spots open and even more on the next block. I go down it a few times per day.

Thank you for that information but I don't know where the Spanish restaurant is.

What's more we are all expecting you to be the guinea pig and sample the fare.

I don't know much about Spanish cuisine and I am afraid that I would be wasting my money, because I have heard so little about this place.

I did try a new breakfast/lunch place today called Overstand, directly across the moat, on the soi behind John's Place Bar. I was very impressed by the few dishes that I tried and very good coffee.

Cuisine De Garden looks interesting and I will give it a try.

The main criticism on Trip Advisor seems to be the tiny portions and although I understand chefs fascination with foams and emulsions I think Duck Breath is one step too far :-) :-)

....................................................."I ordered the duck breath which turned out so incredibly tender." ( Trip Advisor Jan 2015 )...............................................

Is this a new menu and direction that Cuisne de Garden has gone.

I ate there a few years ago and they were trying to do Classical French and not a very good job of it at that with fancy service but not very good service on top of that.

I'd be wary of a place that can't get the basics down before paying them for their attempt on the cutting edge.

But maybe a new Chef?

Anyone know any details as I'd like to have some well executed molecular cuisine, even though it's not my favorite, but would be fun outing for my budding Chef kids.