Looking for Pecan Pie

rmicheald

I used to get a really good pecan pie from WMW Meats. As they have appearently gone out of business, I am looking for a new source. Anyone seen a good pecan pie in any of the stores in Pattaya?

Thanks in Advance...

Is this like southern USA pecan pie? If it is it's easy to make. Probably just use the time honored recipe from Karo on the web. I can buy pie crust ready to go in a store, though. I buy canned pecans and literally wash the excess salt from them just as they go into the pie/oven. Easy, easy.

Cheers.

Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien (ca. soi 10?) has pecan pie (and many other good American pies) w/ whipping cream or ice cream and great coffee (best coffee in town).

Thanks, They are close to me and I didn't know they had pies.

Can you give the location of this "Rich Man Poor Man"?

If they've got good pie...I'll die...biggrin.png

Off Jomtien Beach Road.

If you're making a special trip just for that pie, I would call them to confirm that they have it.

Address: Rich Man Poor Guesthouse

Jomtien Soi 9 In USA: 631-604 0730

Phone: 038 233 414

Edited by Jingthing

Can you give the location of this "Rich Man Poor Man"?

If they've got good pie...I'll die...biggrin.png

Good idea to call first as they sometimes run out of pecan pie (big seller). They also often have pumpkin pie, which is really good, and other pies. Looks like it is on soi 9.

post-110622-0-15947700-1437639552_thumb.

I've never had really good pecan pie anywhere in Asia other than a home made one for Christmas in Hanoi 20 years ago. An American woman named Pam made it and .it would have been excellent for anywhere. I have always guessed that the ingredients are too expensive to sell commercially here.

Pecans have become super expensive because the Chinese discovered them.

There is pecan pie and there is pecan pie.

In other words, the DENSITY of the pecans in the pecan pie.

Could not agree more. I owned a restaurant in the US, and we specialized in making the best Pecan Pie ever. However, as you state, the Chinese discovered that they like pecans, and the price doubled overnight. Since they were expensive to begin with, we had to remove it from our menu.