800,000 Baht To Be In Bank For 3 Months Before Retirement Visa Issued?

Maybe the application won't be accepted/acted on until the end of the 3-month non-imm O visa issued for this purpose, e.g., one gets their O visa (good for 3 months) and shortely thereafter deposits their 800k in the bank. towards the end of the 3 months, you go make the app. for 1-year extension and they want to see proof (bank book) that the balance in the account has been at least 800k during the 3 month period before issueing the 1-year extension. possible reason to cut-down on people borrowing/passing around the 800k and keeping it in the account for just a few days while the extension in in processing.

don't see what real difference this policy would make (if it actually ever became policy) as it is really no change in the rule.

what about the people who are over 50 and have a pension, but not 800k in the bank? does that still work?

sure, it has always been either/or, i.e., pension OR 800k in the bank. by the way, the 800k figure is equal to the monthly requirement x12. basically, they want to see your financial support at the beginning of the year or that you wiill be getting it perodiocally throughout the year totalling up to the 800k amount

what about the people who are over 50 and have a pension, but not 800k in the bank? does that still work?

sure, it has always been either/or, i.e., pension OR 800k in the bank. by the way, the 800k figure is equal to the monthly requirement x12. basically, they want to see your financial support at the beginning of the year or that you wiill be getting it perodiocally throughout the year totalling up to the 800k amount

reason i'm asking is i have a family member that possibly wants to retire to Thailand. she has a pension of around 60,000/month, so 712,000/year. that's a bit short of 800,000. i assume another 200,000-300,000 in the bank would justify a retirement visa extension then?

reason i'm asking is i have a family member that possibly wants to retire to Thailand. she has a pension of around 60,000/month, so 712,000/year. that's a bit short of 800,000. i assume another 200,000-300,000 in the bank would justify a retirement visa extension then?

yeah, agree it should be no problem. if she decides to come, get her non-imm O from home country. once here, open her thai bank account and put in around B 200k (looks better than 50-100k). then when applying for the 1-year extension, use the pension docs to prove monthly income amounts or embassy statement. should be no problem.