Jomtien: Where to get air for motorbike tires.

hansomman

I'm staying in Jomtien and my motorbike has low air pressure. Where can I go to put some air in the tires? I have never seen a gas station or place with an air machine in my travels around Pattaya so far. Do I have to go to one of the little garages where guys are working on bikes? I don't speak Thai so I'm worried they won't know <deleted> I'm talking about.

In most smaller petrol station, if they don't have automated air machine wher you do it yourself, there would be a compressed air tanks where the attendants are and they'd wheel around serving customers if you asked them, it is customary to tip them 20-40 baht of course

Some people are really clueless.... Honestly! Where do I get air in my tyres?.... Does your mum know your out?

Totally agree Tolsti.

Maybe he's a product of our digital society and he can't find an I-Phone app that shows the exact location of the air hoses that are in every single petrol station in Thailand.

I wonder if he has trouble remembering where he lives. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

So I can wander aimlessly around Pattaya or ask on here and get an answer. I love all the bitter people on here.

Or you could go to a petrol station (any petrol station) like millions of other people have nanaged to do without having to have their hand held.

Are you from Iowa by any chance?

I use the car wash on Theprasit 17 and they will put air in your tires if asked.

They like to giggle and point at the farang and his silly tire pressure gauge.

Let them giggle unless they are using a guage because thais generally overfill at 40-60 pounds for tubed tires and this is dangerous. 30-35 lbs more like it.

I normally use one of the pertrol startion on Theprasit on the left as you go up towards Sukhumvit, I have a simple pen type presure gauge and normally let some air out and put to the recomended pressure later as the Thai staff normally over inflate the tyres.

hope that helps

So I can wander aimlessly around Pattaya or ask on here and get an answer. I love all the bitter people on here.

Or you can ask your Thai wife. That's what the bitter guys do. But they'll never admit to it...

I use the car wash on Theprasit 17 and they will put air in your tires if asked.

They like to giggle and point at the farang and his silly tire pressure gauge.

Let them giggle unless they are using a guage because thais generally overfill at 40-60 pounds for tubed tires and this is dangerous. 30-35 lbs more like it.

60lbs pressure then proudly slather the tread with silicone tire shine.blink.png

10 baht at any of those little workshops. Trouble is, they put in pressure based on the feel of the hands.

Mind you, I always carry a foot pump in the car and it works on my bike just as easily, as does the gauge.

I've had a number of 'punctures' over the years. Almost everyone of them was not caused by a nail etc, but the vulcanised connector to the inner tube coming away. My Thai expert tells me that this is caused by riding with under inflated tyres. My view is that perhaps he's right, but I suspect inbuilt obsolescence. An earlier poster pointed out the importance of correct p.s.i. Couldn't agree more, as both under and over inflated tyres can have dire consequences.

At any petrol station, the same as in every civilized country in the world.

I don't know for Jomtien specifically, but around Pattaya many/most Petrol Stations

do *not* have an air machine, or at least an air machine that works wink.png

The main activity of the countless little garages is repairing flat tires !

So they do have air smile.png and price is 5 baht for a bike. wink.png

In most smaller petrol station, if they don't have automated air machine wher you do it yourself, there would be a compressed air tanks where the attendants are and they'd wheel around serving customers if you asked them, it is customary to tip them 20-40 baht of course

It is customary to tip them nothing! Jeeze.

go to BigC/Lotus/$Mom+Pop shop and buy a hand/foot pump for a couple of Baht.

And not to forget, show them a picture (probably on your SP) of your desired "pump lum".

PS: every small repair shop will understand: "check lum khrap".

Don't use the term "air"

Edited by Turkleton