Peafowl

• 2 weeks later...

Think the way to if you really wanted peafowl would be get someone to buy on eBay in uk £20-35 for 3 eggs , then get someone to bring them or post them

You lose some in postage , xrays but if there packed right you should get more than 60 % hatch rate

I did it with my golden giant quail I brought over 24 one got Brocken in transit and 14 hatched out fine and healthy

Yes.. it was the same guy... he quoted a similar price.. its too expensive for me!

Still looking. I found someone selling 2 chicks.. only 1,500 baht each... but there was no way of telling if they were male or female... My luck I would end up with 2 hens.

A temple near my home as a lot.. but they are green peafowl.. and I would need a licence to keep them to say they were not stolen from the wild. I prefer the blue species anyway.

Interesting about people bringing eggs over here... I would be worried about getting into trouble at the airport.

The letter of the law says no eggs fertile or not should be brought into Thailand ,but I mate of mine had a dozen turkey eggs sent from uk with EMS ,he had a "do not x ray fertile eggs" sticker on it and it arrived no problem

Keep in touch I'm going back to uk soon I'm interested also in peafowl I will bring some eggs back

I'm into all kinds of poultry I have geese turkey

quail black bone chicken est plus a large incubator to hatch and breed

Why not buy 3 or 4 young ones rare them till you can sex them, I am sure you will get a pair out of them, if you have more pea hens the better as the cocks are noisey during breeding season.You will be able to sell the others on for a profit

Archived