Yamaha Exciter 150 - a short review

Yamaha exciter 150 review

I sold my yamaha nuovo elegance 135 lc after I had used it for the last 4 years.

Many people know the Elegance so it seems to be a good idea to compare it sometimes with the Exciter.

The Exciter comes with 150 cc , 15,4 hp and a torque of 13,9 Nm.

Electric and kickstarter, chaindrive, manual gear (5 gears), 99 kg, wheelbase 1290 mm, tank capacity about

4,5 liters

Top speed 135 km/h at the odo can be reached with one person only.

Two persons (the wife and me with total 150 kg) still make the bike running 122 km/h

The shock absorbers are well balanced .Hard enough for fast rides and comfortable enough

To avoid hard beats. Crashing with two people thru a pothole will not bring them to the limit.

Acceleration up to 120 km/h im fast. 120 km/h up to 135 km/h is awful slow.

The acceleration feels a lot more powerful and faster than the Nuovo Elegance

For me 120 km/h seems to be a comfortable cross country speed for this bike.

The ride at this speed is unspectacular and much more relaxed and quiet then the Nouvo Elegance.

Roadholding is perfect , never unsettled or nervous.

Due to the injection system the consumption is ok . I wrote the bike for 120 km/h, loaded with 150 kg , most time full speed and used about 4 liters..

The disc breaks are powerful but not aggressiv. Curve handling is fun and well balanced.

What I miss is any room for storage. There is not even room for a helmet under the seat. Just nothing !!!

I use to have a thin, folded but strong 15 liter backpack stored in the place where the exciter normally has a small bag with tools.

To bolster up the seat (300 bath) was necessary for me. I am 192 cm tall so I use to sit behind the normal driver position. The driver sits a bit in a kind of a hollow . This part of the seat is separated from the higher backend buy a small, 2cm high, step in the seat. This step was right under my butt, making every ride painful after just 10 minutes.

With the bolster up the comfort is great now, even better than the nuovo elegance.

I was surprised from the light quality during night rides. It is pretty bright and the highbeam gives you very good and wide visibility.

The indicator switch stands out about 1 cm which makes it a bit unsteady. It should be integrated

In the same way like it is with the nuovo elegance.

The bike is very much an eyecatcher – people look at it like it would be a 25 K U$ Harley.

I think there is a high risk that the bike could be stolen. Cause of this I use a strong chain lock which I wrap around the the grip at the end of the seat while driving.

All together riding the Exciter makes you feel a bit like riding a real big bike. The deep sound, the nice acceleration and the quiet roadholding remember me a bit to my Suszuki GSF 600 which I owned about 25 years ago.

For me the Exciter is a little gem which fulfills all my needs here in Thailand.

Price was 61000 bath in Pattaya.