Udon Thani - best hotel with good pool

rocketboybkk

Centara Hotel......handily placed in the centre of Udon adjoining the 5 storey Central shopping mall which has cinema,ice skating etc.

Centara has a gym,spa and swimming pool.....probably the best hotel in Udon.....around 2,000 baht per night including breakfast.

Thx, it looks fine, noise put me off but maybe I'll join the noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your choice of course, but I kid you not, the bass sounds from the music was like a pneumatic drill on the other side of the wall until after 2am. It was the loudest noise I have ever heard in any hotel room in my life. I was assured that an upgrade to a poolside room would be quieter, but not a lot. If you will be out until after 2am every night and sleep is not a priority, then go for it.

Pannarai is fine, we always stay there. Good parking, good breakfast buffet. Valid point about the noise, just ask for a room on the south side, ie away from the "cow shed"

If this buffet is good you certainly have not stayed anywhere good, it is a dump and the food is awful.

Mixed reviews on that then. They've said they'll put us on the side away from noise but the room is 1980bt so not a cheap room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect the hotel staff to say it's crap, don't come. So you've had an admission from them that it's noisy. Edited by trd

Pannerai's breakfast buffet is great, esp for 150 baht.

Another one with very low standards, it is crap.
I would say very average. Some of the Thai food wasn't bad, but then there were the cold fried eggs on the hot plate that wasn't hot. Yuk.

I have to agree with Patriot and Seligne here, if you don't require gargantuan quantities of tuck first thing in the morning then the Pannarai's buffet is fine. Thai dishes aswell as eggs cooked to style ... fine. Clean decent rooms, pleasant staff. Poolside rooms ARE a lot quieter, worth 2,000 baht IMO. Seeing as we have two young kids we mostly stay in their suites, bit pricey .. but worth it .. I'm sure MyKetamine will agree!!

If you don't agree please feel free to go to the Sports Bar at the end of the road opposite the Top Mansion car park and get Steve to phone "Barstool", I'll buy you a beer or three.

Yep; they're nearby but not offensive in the slightest. The aforementioned noise comes from the vast covered affair a little further up from the Pannarai. It is built cheaply so the owners will be pulling it down when the district offers a more profitable enterprise. The Pannarai "appears" out of place at the moment but the owners, the son I know as we bought land from him, has looked to the future.

Anyway, bars, as I mentioned, the Sports Bar is a "non-girly" bar run by Steve and Dave, top geezers, and I will honour the drink offer if you're impressed with the Pannarai or not.

Have fun; that's what it's all about in the long run!!!!!