At what level Taxi rank is located?

I am coming over there on August, 10. A few days to go.

I am curious to find out where I can locate the Taxi rank?

Plus, we are 4 adults. One big luggage, 2 hand carry ons.

I read somewhere that ticket counters are replaced by a ticketing kiosk.

Thanks

Follow the GIGANTIC signs.

You'll clear Immigration, claim any checked bags, clear Customs and exit on level 2. Go down one level, to level 1, exit through one of the ten doors and look for one of the two official taxi queues.

Just join the line. There are semi-automated kiosks, which may or may not be working. There will be staff available to "guide" you towards your taxi. You may be best served with a larger vehicle? These may carry a higher departure tax fee, and/or a higher rate, or come with an attempt to charge a higher flat fare.

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/124-within-the-terminal

Note the two pink taxi icons on the floor 1 map.

Edited by bamnutsak

Or head up to Level 4 (departures) and select whatever taxi you like from the taxis who are dropping off departing passengers. You choose the taxi, no wait, they have always used the meter for me, and no 50 baht airport tax.

Or head up to Level 4 (departures) and select whatever taxi you like from the taxis who are dropping off departing passengers. You choose the taxi, no wait, they have always used the meter for me, and no 50 baht airport tax.

I have done that several times until the police stopped the taxi one time. I wasn't in trouble, but cost me well over 20 minutes and had to go downstairs and get in line. I couldn't get my bag out of the trunk until the cop was done "negotiating" with the driver.

Craig - that may have been some time ago. About a year ago, AOT officially sanctioned and permitted arriving taxis with passengers to collect outbound passengers. They are not permitted to collect passengers if they are not arriving with one, so perhaps that is what happened. I have taken a taxi dozens of times and never had a problem.

Craig - that may have been some time ago. About a year ago, AOT officially sanctioned and permitted arriving taxis with passengers to collect outbound passengers. They are not permitted to collect passengers if they are not arriving with one, so perhaps that is what happened. I have taken a taxi dozens of times and never had a problem.

OP asked where the taxi rank is located and not how one can circumvent airport policies, and yes we all know it's not about the 50 Baht savings although you felt obliged to mention it.

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

It's not about circumventing airport policies, Yermanee. AOT officially stated in July 2014 that taxis at the departures level would be permitted to pick up arriving passengers so long as they had incoming fares, and they are not permitted to wait to solicit passengers.

That means that there are permitted two places to get a taxi at BKK, and I was offering Salman another option.

Edited by bubba

You can also utilize an official AoT car service.

This can be arranged in the back of the baggage claim area, or just outside one of the two Customs exits.

I used this service a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. I paid 1,050 baht all in (all airport fees and tolls are included) for a trip in to the city, was greeted outside Customs, led outside to a large SUV (on level 2), all my luggage was loaded, and away we went. These vehicles are equipped with fast-lane passes, so no waiting to pay the tolls. Very easy, simple, quick, efficient, clean, safe, good driver who spoke English well.

This might be another option for the OP to consider?

It is actually at the departures level, which is Level 4. Just take the escalators all the way up, exit the main doors, and walk across the first lane and through the broken turnstiles. With four people and a lot of baggage, you will probably need to take two taxis. I just took a taxi from Level 4 home today and I only saw one large taxi (Innova) there.

To save all the hassle and go in one car, you might want to consider Bamnutsack's suggestion and use the AoT limo service. Yes, it will be more about 300 baht more expensive than two taxis, but it will be far easier for you and you don't need a lot of hassles after a long flight in.