Swedish man and Thai woman injured in Phuket hotel balcony fall

webfact

Swedish man and Thai woman injured in Phuket hotel fall
Darawan Naknakhon

1438580068_1-org.jpg
The incident happened at the Phuket Paradise Hotel in Patong.

PHUKET: - A 33-year-old Swedish man and 26-year-old Thai woman are currently being treated at Patong Hospital after falling from a second floor balcony of the Phuket Paradise Hotel in Patong this morning (August 3).

Patong police received a call at 7:01am this morning advising them that a tourist and Thai woman had been injured after falling a balcony at the hotel and arrived to find the two lying in road shouting out in pain.

They were immediately taken to Patong Hospital.

A witness to the incident was only able to tell police that the two had fallen from a balcony on the second floor.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/swedish-man-and-thai-woman-injured-in-phuket-hotel-fall-53473.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-03

...and that they couldn't be arsed to go and help them... Thainess!

Two people,one of them Thai and where were the usual crowds that gather round.Cannot believe that nobody did anything.Perhaps the balcony was at the back of the hotel and nobody heard them,or maybe just the usual journalistic licence coming out

Are there building regulations in Thailand pertaining to balcony heights ? if there are it would seem they need to be reviewed as it feels as if every week there is a report of a fall from a balcony

I think it is time for a new building law, nothing more than one storey.

My experience points clearly to rails in ALL Thai balconies are too low for westeners whose body gravity is different.

Especially when that "body gravity" is changed, due to intoxication.

Edited by NamKangMan

Romeo & Juliet with a drmatic twist of fate???

I suppose you could say they have really fallen for each other. biggrin.png

I am sorry, this story is probably not something to joke about, but NamKangMan´s post had me «falling» of my chair laughing.

Edited by MartinBangkok

So tell us all, where does it say nobody helped????

Another idiot post.

Ah, you must be the union rep for ALL Thai Visa members... here, I will tell you ALL...

"Patong police...arrived to find the two lying in road shouting out in pain." - That is a pretty sound basis for my assumption that nobody helped, else the Patong police would surely have mentioned others being there. Please can you tell ME - that's just me, thanks - where it says that anyone DID help.

Thank you...you f'wit!!

So tell us all, where does it say nobody helped????

Another idiot post.

Ah, you must be the union rep for ALL Thai Visa members... here, I will tell you ALL...

"Patong police...arrived to find the two lying in road shouting out in pain." - That is a pretty sound basis for my assumption that nobody helped, else the Patong police would surely have mentioned others being there. Please can you tell ME - that's just me, thanks - where it says that anyone DID help.

Thank you...you f'wit!!

Awful assumption. Don't see how you come up with it. Do you think others helping would mean their pain would disappear? News articles are supposed to be as brief as possible. It is not necessary to mention how many people were near them or helping them whether the police mentioned it or not.

Just admit you will take any opportunity for petty Thai-bashing, no matter how inappropriate to the story. Totally pathetic.

Are there building regulations in Thailand pertaining to balcony heights ? if there are it would seem they need to be reviewed as it feels as if every week there is a report of a fall from a balcony

I think you'll find that, in general, balcony heights are the same as the rooms to which they are attached.