Android one Introduced in Thailand. Best value for money.

sjonburi

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LTE (4g) around the world. 4g 2100 is band 1. 1800 is band 3

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

The I-Mobile product info page for the IQ II doesn't have any reference to the phone having LTE capability, as far as I can see.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/preview/53/2118

What's the image and source that you've posted above?

post-58284-0-26282500-1442654340_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

LTE (4g) around the world. 4g 2100 is band 1. 1800 is band 3

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

The I-Mobile product info page for the IQ II doesn't have any reference to the phone having LTE capability, as far as I can see.

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/preview/53/2118

What's the image and source that you've posted above?

attachicon.gifPS2052.jpg

If I go to i-mobile's product page

http://product.i-mobilephone.com/

then select the IQ II option (the first phone on the page)

http://product.imobilephone.com/2118_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99-i-mobile-iq-ii

it does say there's a 4G LTE capability.

Also if I click on the link you provided (http://product.i-mob...preview/53/2118) it also says there IS a 4G LTE capability.

Edited by sumrit

That's weird...

The Thai language version of the I-Mobile webpage lists LTE for the phone. The English language version doesn't.

Well Thai translation is often weird to put it mildly.

I don't get 4G in Thailand but had it in Singapore on a Singtel sim on my IQII.

I use AIS 2100 here.

Edit: Maybe I got 4G but it don't indicate that, I just looked at the box the phone come it: 4G network: LTE:1800/2100MHz

Edited by guzzi850m2

Edit: Maybe I got 4G but it don't indicate that, I just looked at the box the phone come it: 4G network: LTE:1800/2100MHz

Yep... LTE 2100 and 1800 Mhz are looking to be two of the main future LTE frequencies for Thailand, as the mobile carriers begin expanding that service. So the I-Mobile phone, with LTE, is well-specd to handle the future here.

BTW, thanks to those here who corrected me on the LTE issue re the I-Mobile phone. Never recall getting fooled by that kind of thing before, where the English specs are so drastically different than the Thai language ones.

Just a quick update from me too.

I finally bought this phone three days ago.

I love it. It's fast.

I have no problems with the battery and the new Android version is nice.

So far I cannot say anything bad about this phone.

I don't think I would ever spend 10.000 or 20.000 baht for a phone again.

As for LTE: I haven't tried that out yet since my DTAC sim card has to be replaced first but I did not have my passport with me.

But the shop said that the LTE frequencies are good with TRUE, DTAC and AIS.

The specs written on the box confirm that.

I love it. It's fast.

As for LTE: I haven't tried that out yet since my DTAC sim card has to be replaced first but I did not have my passport with me.

AIS don't currently have LTE!

But the phone is good for the new upcoming frequency auction.

I love it. It's fast.

AIS don't currently have LTE!

But the phone is good for the new upcoming frequency auction.

Right, thanks.

I guess you are right.

1800/2100 might be safe for any LTE in Thailand.

I never had AIS.

Usually TRUE or DTAC.

Well I don't really LTE since I don't have a data plan here in Thailand, don't need it, don't work here.

I use wi-fi in the house and if I go out for a a cup of tea somewhere, I like to sit and watch the world passing by and not having my nose in the phone.

I use data plans with local sim card(s) when I am overseas for work and the IQII does the job nicely.

I agree with vi2004, I will also not pay over 10k baht for a phone ever again, wasted money for my needs and I normally carry a good camera with me, so I rather spend money on that.

overall phone seems nice for the money.

I got service on the "free" True sim that came with it yesterday, no network service this morning.?

i wasn't that impressed with 4g service here in bkk when it worked last night - was spotty in ratchada. also speed test showed much slower upload than my AIS 3g phone. AIS says November for 4g.

want to try dtac 4g and see what happens.

Guess at this moment in time following current most recent device is pretty hard to beat:

http://www.smart4gwifi.com/huawei-e5786-4g-cat6-wifi-router.html

Don't look at its silly prize mentioned above ( relative cheaper ones seems to be available here:

http://www.routercenter.nl/product/557320/huawei-e5786s-32a.html ).

Idea of this post is offering readers a more detailed look at todays most recent specs.

Well I don't really LTE since I don't have a data plan here in Thailand, don't need it, don't work here.

I use wi-fi in the house and if I go out for a a cup of tea somewhere, I like to sit and watch the world passing by and not having my nose in the phone.

I use data plans with local sim card(s) when I am overseas for work and the IQII does the job nicely.

I agree with vi2004, I will also not pay over 10k baht for a phone ever again, wasted money for my needs and I normally carry a good camera with me, so I rather spend money on that.

People do really get addictive with their phones these day's, myself included

I have to remind myself to turn it off sometimes lol

What really gets on my tits is people (almost always young Thais) who stop and block the door of a 7/11 or something to reply to a Facebook msg or whatever...

I don't mind spending 20k+ on a good phone because I use it for so many hours a day , the user experience of it being bright, fast and responsive is worth paying the extra but apple and Samsung are raking it in, phone cameras are getting closer to dslr quality every year btw... Watch out for the new Sony z5 premium coming soon... It may be the best camera released on a phone yet

overall phone seems nice for the money.

I got service on the "free" True sim that came with it yesterday, no network service this morning.?

i wasn't that impressed with 4g service here in bkk when it worked last night - was spotty in ratchada. also speed test showed much slower upload than my AIS 3g phone. AIS says November for 4g.

want to try dtac 4g and see what happens.

I got the same results ,my ais in bkk is often faster on 3g than true 4g lte..... Maybe out in the sticks it's different

Guess at this moment in time following current most recent device is pretty hard to beat:

Don't look at its silly prize mentioned above ( relative cheaper ones seems to be available here:

Idea of this post is offering readers a more detailed look at todays most recent specs.

Modern phones have cat6 lte built in since 1-2 years now, you don't need a separate device just to share the 4g

Modern phones have cat6 lte built in since 1-2 years now, you don't need a separate device just to share the 4g

Sure, generally speaking, you're absolutely right.

However I do not know anymore what exactly "CAT6 4G LTE" is supposed to mean when I discover below this heading three different devices, namely E5786s-32A, E5786s-62A and E5786s-63A all having slightly different specs. My best guess based on the limited knowledge I've gained thus far is that E5786s-32A would be most suitable for usage in Thailand ( for AIS 12Call 3G as well as for TrueMove 3G ). Of course I will only be sure when I'm capable of putting such a device actually under test. According to my personal experiences in the past other similar Huawei devices were only suitable for AIS 12Call 3G, not TrueMove 3G. So my point is that all kinds of nuances have been developed under the same 4G heading and that sometimes these nuances do become quite relevant especially when one provider does deliver a much better performance than other providers. As far as I know ( and my knowledge and practical experiences are quite limited here ) is the E5786s-32A the very first device developed by Huawei under the heading of 4G which is cable of connecting to AIS 12Call 3G as well as TrueMove 3G.

Those different models had different ranges of 3G and LTE bands offered, varying by device, since Huawei sells all over the world.

For Thailand, you'd want 850 and 2100 Mhz 3G, and at least 2100 and 1800 Mhz LTE bands offered. With those bands, you'll have compatibility with all the major Thai mobile ISPs. Other bands, including 900 Mhz LTE, may come into service in Thailand further into the future.

The more 3G and LTE bands offered on such a device, the greater the compatibility will be if you're traveling to different regions around the world where, especially for LTE, there are different bands used region to region.

I guess this phone can be considered a "poor man's Nexus". After playing with one I bought for the wife, I think it beats my antique Galaxy Nexus on everything except the camera quality. It also lacks a gyro sensor, so the camera can't take a photosphere shot. I don't think it has a noise cancelling mike either.

Just about everything else seems pretty nice - it charges quickly, battery life seems fine, very responsive opening apps and menus, speaker volume is fine.

I-mobile is not a brand I normally would consider, but this model seems like a winner. Guess we'll see how it holds up over time, and how well Google holds to the upgrade promise.

Edited by chmod777

People do really get addictive with their phones these day's, myself included

I have to remind myself to turn it off sometimes lol

What really gets on my tits is people (almost always young Thais) who stop and block the door of a 7/11 or something to reply to a Facebook msg or whatever...

I don't mind spending 20k+ on a good phone because I use it for so many hours a day , the user experience of it being bright, fast and responsive is worth paying the extra but apple and Samsung are raking it in, phone cameras are getting closer to dslr quality every year btw... Watch out for the new Sony z5 premium coming soon... It may be the best camera released on a phone yet

Well yes if I don't have other options than using my phone I use it but I could not spend hours on it.

A little shitty 5" screen is not really good for anything unless you are on the move and there they are off-course brilliant. GPS - book a taxi- book a hotel room - Goggle around for the best bar in town and so on.

I uses a 27" monitor in super HD and with my good old trusted desk top PC in my man cave in the house and this set-up is obviously way superior to a phone for i-net browsing and watching Utube or a movie & nice speakers with a subwoofer (I don't like head sets at all and don't own any. Have a mike for Skype).

Yes cameras on phones are getting better all the time but saying that they are getting closer to dslr is a bit of an overstatement.

My cameras got view finder and zoom lenses and full manual controls so for an photo enthusiast a phone camera is just a faint 3rd back-up but I have seen awesome photos from iphones and the likes.

I have one friend who recently bought the IQ PRO3 and another who bought the IQ PRO2.

While both are generally happy with the phones both are complaining of the same problem, namely that, on voice calls, the volume is low and can't be turned up any more. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I bought this phone 2 days ago. I'm glad to see that it actually has quite good specs as I did not study with phone I should buy after my old phone died.

The downsides are that the GPS is not very fast and the phone lacks a compass. Otherwise the phone seems to work pretty well.

I really like the ability to insert the text simply by speaking to the phone I'm not good with writing using the mobile phone keyboard

Sent from my i-mobile IQ II using Tapatalk

bought iQII a couple of days ago anyone have problem with the phone being hot. downloaded cleanmaster .after my daughter use it for a while it gets hot cleanmaster advised CPU is very hot.

any advice? thanks

Yes, it's getting a bit hot but not so much that I get any warnings

I use mine a lot right now in Singapore with Singtel sim, net surfing min 1 hour every night (4g) and I am very happy with it.