Malaysian arrested in Chiang Mai with 19 fake credit cards

webfact

Malaysian arrested in Chiang Mai with 19 fake credit cards
The Nation

Chiang Mai - Police have arrested a 32-year-old Malaysian man after he was found to have used fake credit cards in the northern capital.

Provincial Police Bureau 5 Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Thanitsak Thirasawat told a press conference Wednesday that Tan Tian Yong was arrested Tuesday in front of his hotel in Mueang Chiang Mai district.

He said police made the arrest after they were informed by Kasikornbank officials that a foreign tourist had used fake credit cards in Chiang Mai.

Police found 19 fake credit cards in the Malaysian man's room.

The tourist said he got the credit cards from his friend in Cambodia.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Malaysian-arrested-in-Chiang-Mai-with-19-fake-cred-30265957.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-05

• 2 months later...

CM is turning into the ATM scam capital of the world!!!!!

wait until they find out CM is also where the poorest travelers go

that's why they need 300 ATM cards to buy one bowl of soup....

i always put 200 million baht in the moat for safekeeping......away from ATMs!!!

i detest these people with a passion.

I totally agree with you considering I lost 10,000, October 13-14 at which I was sleeping during both times and my card was in my wallet next to me. I just wanted to retire and feel safe and live a decent life. In two months I've lost 17,200 baht.

Ph.D

• 2 weeks later...

To be perfectly fair about my situation, I found a decent and knowledgeable banker from BKK Bank who helped me. It was up to me to find him, not the bank! I received 4,000 for the October 13th skimmed monies and next month I will receive 6,000 for the October 14th skimmed monies. Naturally, it is not free but I can live with the agreed terms.

Thank you! Currently dealing with the hacked accounts but that's in the hands of the Thai police. They have all the necessary information, now time will tell!

This hacking of one's account and skimming must be stopped! Foreigner', please careful of you hard earned monies that we worked so hard to obtain throughout our lives. Our monies were not obtained easily, came from many years of working and stressful positions in which no one gave us our money, we earned it!