Phuket spa staffer found dead after leap from pier

webfact

Phuket spa staffer found dead after leap from pier
Darawan Naknakhon

1438761022_4992-org.jpg
A crowd gathers on the beach as the body of Sriwan Saraphu, a 49-year-old staffer at a Phuket spa, is brought ashore. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: -- Police have yet to discover why Sriwan Saraphu, a 49-year-old staffer at a Phuket spa, jumped off Rawai Pier into storm seas with waves surging up to two metres tall this morning (August 5). Her body was found two hours later.

Local residents raised the alarm after watching as Ms Sriwan took a motorbike taxi to the pier, walked to the end and jumped off at about 8:30am.

Fishermen in a longtail boat and a speedboat were dispatched to search for her, and found her body two hours later around the small cape to the east of the pier, at Laem Ka Yai.

Officers from Rawai Municipality, along with Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos were soon at the scene, as were first-responders from Khaimook Rescue, who transported her body to Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town.

Ms Sriwan apparently worked at a spa in Wichit. She was found with 180 baht and one motorbike key in her pockets.

Chalong Police are continuing their investigation into her death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-spa-staffer-found-dead-after-leap-from-pier-53508.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-05

I think the crowd are tourists waiting to be bashed about on there boat trip in two meter waves.

I see the ban on small crafts putting to sea is in full enforcement

That's probably the reason they're waiting, because the ban is being enforced. Do you see any in boats?

Edited by Sviss Geez

I think the crowd are tourists waiting to be bashed about on there boat trip in two meter waves.

I see the ban on small crafts putting to sea is in full enforcement

There is no ban.

What 2 meter waves, this is rawai beach. Even on the way to racha yai today less than 2 meters.