Students with pierced ears, visible tattoos to be barred from vocational schools

webfact

Oh wah to all those crying about it. Do you really disagree that those who are not presentable are employable? With all the gang violence in schools this is their way of saying if you aren't serious about employment then you aren't serious about studying and therefore remove a good deal of the riff raff. If you want tattoos there is plenty of time in your life to be self expressive..

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now any youngster who's not interested in study knows what to do.

Sorry Dad the school wouldn't accept me.

If they're not interested in learning, their place can be taken by someone who is. Or do you think disinterested students unwilling to learn and forced to attend help others to achieve their goals.

Tattoos=disinterested student.

The world sure is simplistic when looking at it through the lenses of a cheerleader.

This is no different from saying.

You are fat, therefore you cannot enter the cafeteria at certain times.

You are poor, therefore you cannot mix with the rich kids.

You are black, therefore you cannot go to certain schools.

You are white, therefore you cannot study hip hop.

You are Muslim, therefore you cannot study in a budhist school.

The list goes on ,of excuses the private education can give to stop a person from learning or teaching.

The ministry of private education needs a crash course in the laws that are well above them. Namely, the constitutional right to learn and academic freedoms. National education madra 24 ( 6 ), among dozens of other education protection laws.

I hope these kids March right on down to the constitutional court and file a complaint against opec for interfering in a persons right to equal education.

Great rant, but how many barrels of oil should they be awarded?

The acronym you were seeking is APTVEC, and the P stands for Private. Which gives them considerable leeway over who they employ and the rules applied to their students.

BTW this is NOT the USA.

No. office of the private education council, opec.

Why don't you go read those laws,before you start ranting.

I bet you have never even seen the national education act.

It is above the private. Constitution---father law.

National act ---mother law.

Private act ---- the baby.

The baby must follow the father and the mother.

They cannot stop a child from learning equally because of their skin.

Read up. Then come back when you know what you are talking about.

Students with pierced ears, visible tattoos to be barred from vocational schools

Zip-guns, ping-pong bombs, machetes still OK though.

A violent cadre of vocational students has been a go-to force for the 'powers-that-be' here in the past. Not difficult to inculcate, a bit challenging to manage, but they'll kill other Thais, especially uppity university students, when called upon, without compunction.

Edited by bamnutsak

And next every one of them will have to get a hair cut identical to our glorious leader.

This hairbrained piece of genius has nothing to do with the government, it is another misguided idea of some official that has to be heard to make him feel powerful, a common flaw amongst Thais that think themselves important, I would assume that someone with a bit of sense will step in and knock this on the head

................"some official that has to be heard to make him feel powerful".....................

I believe the Thais refer to people like that as a monkey in a big hat.

Zip-guns, ping-pong bomb, machetes still OK though.

A violent cadre of vocational students has been a go-to force for the 'powers-that-be' here in the past. Not difficult to inculcate, a bit challenging to manage, but they'll kill other Thais when called upon, without compunction.

Do you not put two and two together?

They can still study. But just not in the main stream " new students with large ear piercings would have to restore their ears to normal. Students with visible tattoos would have to study in the evening courses."

I like the human rights guy talking about children and visible tattoos and large ear hole piercings in the same sentence. They aren't children they are young adults. Who need to learn enough discipline to get an education!

lol. I'm sending a link of this to our son. He has a full sleeve tattoo and earrings, and is currently SELLING vocational & further education courses for a government-contracted agency in Australia. The company loves him and he does well BECAUSE his target market relates to him.

2015, Thailand .... get over it, it's what our future accountants and electricians look like.

How old is your son?

Do his earrings look like this?

post-195835-14388277668903_thumb.jpg

That's no good to mistake tattooed and pierced people with criminals.

At least that's what I've got from it all.

.jpg

Maybe they understand that most of the problems between these schools is instigated by these tattooed individuals. One problem is that some of the guys with coloured Tats actually think they are Thai yakuza!

I could not agree more. You want to make anti-social statements, use your mouth, not your body. In the next decade the biggest opportunity to make money will be tattoo removal. These people dug their own hole, let them live in it. Everything in life has repercussions.

Maybe they understand that most of the problems between these schools is instigated by these tattooed individuals.

No. Their "Captains" (past Voke student leaders) teach, train, instill discipline. The internecine conflicts are merely training sessions.

Re: "Young people with large ear-piercings and tattoos are at risk of engaging in antisocial behavior and violence," he claimed. "Many employers, such as official agencies and Japanese firms, do not accept this group to work with them. That is why we have to add this standard to student qualifications."

Young people with large ear-piercings and tattoos may well be at greater risk of engaging in antisocial behavior but then again they usually don't attend college. Personally I think qualifications should take precedence over looks. If the individual can pass the examinations and do the job .... that should be it. I think Japanese firms, and Japanese culture in general, need a wake up call. Imposing your prejudices and beliefs in a foreign country never goes down well.

Re: "Young people with large ear-piercings and tattoos are at risk of engaging in antisocial behavior and violence," he claimed. "Many employers, such as official agencies and Japanese firms, do not accept this group to work with them. That is why we have to add this standard to student qualifications."

Young people with large ear-piercings and tattoos may well be at greater risk of engaging in antisocial behavior but then again they usually don't attend college. Personally I think qualifications should take precedence over looks. If the individual can pass the examinations and do the job .... that should be it. I think Japanese firms, and Japanese culture in general, need a wake up call. Imposing your prejudices and beliefs in a foreign country never goes down well.

Ummm we are actually talking about colleges. And in Thailand they do attend technical college. Why the Japanese bashing, any company employs who they want!

Im sure the knucklehead who came up with this, also wears socks up to his knees and thongs.... Could even scream at children playing in playgrounds... and has kids that thinks he is a d|ck

CGmhRi6UYAAIGmZ.jpg

So you don't think it's a good idea to remove possible disruptive students from the classroom so that the majority can learn?

With all the issues with the economy, political conflict, water management, human trafficking etc. I find it really strange that such attention is being given to issues like chairs on beaches, lottery tickets, how far from a school you can sell alcohol, and now the size and placement of ear-rings and tattoos.

Thailand needs to focus on the bigger picture right now, not keep getting distracted by these silly sideshows.

I really hope they can sort it out before they lose too much ground.

With all the issues with the economy, political conflict, water management, human trafficking etc. I find it really strange that such attention is being given to issues like chairs on beaches, lottery tickets, how far from a school you can sell alcohol, and now the size and placement of ear-rings and tattoos.

Thailand needs to focus on the bigger picture right now, not keep getting distracted by these silly sideshows.

I really hope they can sort it out before they lose too much ground.

Different departments have different issues to contend with. They all have a job to do!

I am highly skeptical about the anti-tattoos and ear piercing quote at the end of the article, purporting to be from a vocational college student.

In my experience, VTC students are barely able to mumble more than a few basic words of English. With conversational English at this level, this kid should be majoring in English at university.

What a shame the sentiments he or she allegedly expressed are so much less laudable than the polished prose used to deliver them.

Magicians call this "misdirection". Ostensibly meant to keep the masses from thinking (too mut) about the one or two big questions.