Thonglor police probe Asoke lakorn shoot

webfact

Thonglor police probe Asoke lakorn shoot
By Coconuts Bangkok

asoke4.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Following public outcry, the commander of Thonglor police station is investigating whether his officers allowed the Channel 3 lakorn to halt traffic at Asoke intersection for two hours Monday.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Prawuth Thawornsiri said yesterday the organization has told all 88 police departments in Bangkok to intervene immediately if they find a lakorn shoot blocking traffic, while the incident on Monday is still being investigated.

The shoot for the channel 3 soap "Life Wave" featuring superstars Urassaya Sperbund and Prin Suparat enraged hundreds of motorists and non-soap fans... [read more]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/06/thonglor-police-probe-asoke-lakorn-shoot

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-06

"... the commander of Thonglor police station is investigating whether his officers allowed the Channel 3 lakorn to halt traffic ... "

That won't take long ... they only need to look at the numerous still photographs or watch the show and the evidence is right there ... they DID allow it ... and were paid to do so I am sure.

And this is laughable:

"Thai Lakorn Co. Ltd., who was behind the production, was fined THB 1,000."

Case is clear already.

There already have been a comfortable unofficial "thank you compensation" paid.

There will be an official ridiculously low fine, for the record, as well as a slap on the wrist.

There will be sincere apologies from the offender, who will bring a basket of goodies, and this will be an opportunity for a nice photo shoot.

Case closed.....

Remind me again what happened to the actress who killed a cop and became a nun?

This is how it works

The police were approached and were paid,say, B100,000 for permission to shoot.

The sh1t hit the fan with the angry motorists who (rightly so) went apeshit.

The company was fined B1,000

Now the Filth are 'investigating' it?

Dirty filthy corrupt scum animals in uniform

The traffic was stopped because they were driving on the zebra crossing back wards and forwards trying to park it at right angles to the road, the rubberneckers were all on the sky walk.

Case is clear already.

There already have been a comfortable unofficial "thank you compensation" paid.

There will be an official ridiculously low fine, for the record, as well as a slap on the wrist.

There will be sincere apologies from the offender, who will bring a basket of goodies, and this will be an opportunity for a nice photo shoot.

Case closed.....

Remind me again what happened to the actress who killed a cop and became a nun?

A man after my own heart,you understand Thailand or is it Thainess,yes I have booked my flight home.

This is how it works

The police were approached and were paid,say, B100,000 for permission to shoot.

The sh1t hit the fan with the angry motorists who (rightly so) went apeshit.

The company was fined B1,000

Now the Filth are 'investigating' it?

Dirty filthy corrupt scum animals in uniform

You are not alone.

SOBs, had to do it on a Monday when I could see the traffic jam from Sathu Pradit along Rama 3 and all the way up to Asoke.. Mofos...

Agree - they should not have done it on Monday. Sunday morning would have been better/less busy.

Like they do for Soi Cowboy shoots - always on a Buddhist holiday.

Mind you, this Soap Opera crew only closed the one small part of the intersection for 2 hours.

I wonder what punishment Mr Suthep will get for closing all 4 roads at Asoke for 4 months?!

A friend of mine is an event organiser... To close the same junction for 20 mins for a publicity stunt the 'cost' was 80,000 baht...

Rightly so, the International Client disagreed with a publicity stunt of this nature and closing of the junction because it would cause negative publicity and annoy a lot of people.

It seems that 'some' have total disregard for the inconvenience they can cause to others.

Those who live in Bangkok know that Thong Lor police are out of control, even after the boss was removed to a remote post deep in the countryside because his men were intimidating pedestrians and forcing them to take urine tests in the street.

Yes. Not forgetting the senior police there who were transferred (where I don't know) after attempting to stitch up a lowly employee for the Red Bull runaway who killed a motocy cop.

The traffic was stopped because they were driving on the zebra crossing back wards and forwards trying to park it at right angles to the road, the rubberneckers were all on the sky walk.

Amazing! When it comes to pedestrian crossings, Thai drivers think they're either an obstruction, to be negotiated head on, or a parking zone. Then a crossing is to be a setting for a scene in a soap opera and motorists are up in arms. Time, perhaps, pedestrians were up in arms for crossings to be properly recognised, with hefty fines for infractions.

I was talking about this incident to my wife last night and , unfortunately, did not engage my brain first. I ended up saying that this defined "Thainess".

Anyway, if any of you could help me out Im currently living under the skytrain bridge at On Nut .

Cheers.

So typical of everything wrong here. Every proper city has an office of film production or what not. Permits are issued and everything is arranged in advance with costs bourne by the production. A net positive for all.