IELTS English Test - before the A1 specific test - anyone?

My wife sat the IELST test at The British Council before they introduced the current specific A1 only test, she - as well as talking and listening had to also read and write, i've attached her scores, she got a 3 for listening and a 4 for speaking, the test was taken on the 18th April, I've had trouble getting this confirmed that it's enough for a settlement application - can anyone help?

Thanks

Jimmy

post-32777-0-25476300-1439017817_thumb.p

The IELTS website states:

Can I use any IELTS test result for UK visa application?

These changes are effective from 6 April 2015.

To assist with the transition, the UK government has announced they will accept results from all IELTS tests on or before 22 April. This means that you can submit your past IELTS results to UKVI if:

· your visa application requires you to supply results from a Secure English Language Test, and

· your IELTS test date was on or before 22 April 2015, and

· your IELTS test was taken at any of the 1,000 IELTS test locations around the world, and

· you submit your application to UKVI before 5 November 2015.

From 23 April, you will require results from an “IELTS for UKVI” test from one of the locations listed here.

If you require an “IELTS for UKVI” test to meet UKVI’s requirements, then you can register here for upcoming “IELTS for UKVI” tests.

Therefore it should be valid as the test was taken before 22nd April 2015 as long as the application is made before the 5th November deadline. The site makes it clear that it is all tests

As I now have little confidence that ECO's know or choose to be selective, in their knowledge of the rules, I would send in a copy of this note with the application!

A1 is a lower standard, so I, too, would expect it to be a lower score.

However, the transitional list of approved providers (page 12) only gives the scores for B1 and above from IELTS; and it also says the test must have been taken before 5th April!

But if IELTS have told you that this pass is acceptable, I'd be inclined to take their word for it.

Do you have that in writing? If so, include it with the application.