Samsung S5 glass replacement where?

007cableguy

Just buy a new phone. When I first got my S5 the guy in Tukcom who works on my phones said the S5 uses a super amoled screen which costs US$400. At that time (May 2014) there was no copy for such a screen. He told me that I should buy the 400 baht screen protector to minimize the chances of my screen breaking.

Copies exist but never found good ones and touch screens seem to always have problems when not coming from Samsung.

You are right, genuine scrreen from Sasung cost as much as the phone.

Just buy a new phone. When I first got my S5 the guy in Tukcom who works on my phones said the S5 uses a super amoled screen which costs US$400. At that time (May 2014) there was no copy for such a screen. He told me that I should buy the 400 baht screen protector to minimize the chances of my screen breaking.

The S5 is - in my opinion the best phone Samsung ever built. It can survive Songkran easily, it has a great battery life, it can take a microSD unlike the S6, and my usual uptime is about 3 weeks until it wants to be restarted. Well done! I like it (better than McD).

Copies exist but never found good ones and touch screens seem to always have problems when not coming from Samsung.

You are right, genuine scrreen from Sasung cost as much as the phone.

He doesn't need the LCD screen, just the glass.

You don't say where you are in Thailand. If in Koh Samui, the Samsung Service centre is on the ring road in a parade of shops on left hand side just before Samui Town Centre (where the Tourist Police and Palm Construction are based) on Opposite side of ring road after passing Bic C on way from Chaweng to Fisherman's village. Need to look carefully it is not well sign posted and is in a break between rows of town houses with shops on ground floor. Best of luck.

You don't say where you are in Thailand. If in Koh Samui, the Samsung Service centre is on the ring road in a parade of shops on left hand side just before Samui Town Centre (where the Tourist Police and Palm Construction are based) on Opposite side of ring road after passing Bic C on way from Chaweng to Fisherman's village. Need to look carefully it is not well sign posted and is in a break between rows of town houses with shops on ground floor. Best of luck.

Cosmosis...quote "My S5 has a cracked screen and needs the glass replacement, The LCD is ok, where is the best place around pattaya to get it repaired and idea of cost?.. Thanks"

Pattaya....

Try the tech centre i think 3 or 4th floor in Left hand corner away from street. good repair shop there

The S5 is - in my opinion the best phone Samsung ever built. It can survive Songkran easily, it has a great battery life, it can take a microSD unlike the S6, and my usual uptime is about 3 weeks until it wants to be restarted. Well done! I like it (better than McD).

But apparently the glass can break, what was your answer to the OP?

First choice Samsung Service Centre..... sadly your time is of no consequence to them in there.

Second. Try Tukcom, they are adept at fixing most things in there.

Third...if you are handy do-it-yourself type, likely it could be ordered from Ali Express.

I have a note 3 that needs a new screen - is the 32gb lte version but I haven't bothered getting it fixed yet

It would only be a spare phone anyway but they wanted 5500 to fix it in mbk which seems steep

I guess the spare parts aren't going to get cheaper anytime soon because there will still be a huge demand for them

A new brand phone is about 11k or maybe less

• 2 months later...