PM Prayut thanks rain-making teams for easing drought

webfact

PM thanks rain-making teams for easing drought

6-30-2015-12-07-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has expressed his heart-felt thanks to the artificial rain-making staffs for their tireless efforts to ease drought problem since March, said Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd, deputy government spokesman on Wednesday.

Since March 1 until August 10, the rain-making staffs conducted 4,042 flights totaling 5,583 hours resulting to rains up to 92.3 percent of the operating days.

Maj-Gen Sansern quoted the prime minister as praising the efforts of the rain-making teams for bringing the country through the worst drought.

Besides the teams which are operating in 11 provinces, the deputy spokesman said the prime minister also thanked the special rain-making centres in Chiang Mai and Nakhon Sawan.

The two centres conducted 642 cloud-seeding flights for 40 days since June 29 causing widespread rains estimated at 1,204 million cubic metres.

Even if drought problem has eased, he said the prime minister stressed the need for small reservoirs in communities repeatedly affected by drought and the need to switch crops which require little water.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-thanks-rain-making-teams-for-easing-drought

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-12

it's been raining cats and dogs up here ...

but it does that every year... thumbsup.gif

Tried that expression out with P6 in a lesson on idioms last week.

Don't know who was more confused at the end of 45 minutes, me or the children!

Thais do take things literally, and if Mr John says it, it must happen!

Tried that expression out with P6 in a lesson on idioms last week.

Don't know who was more confused at the end of 45 minutes, me or the children!

Thais do take things literally, and if Mr John says it, it must happen!

ha ha ha in belgium , it's falling ropes biggrin.png but the english idioms are too much... love it

Oh so they were to blame for the recent downpour. Silly me, I though it was nature itself !

It is a sorry state of affairs when they are making out that causing it to rain during the rainy season is some sort of great achievement.

For those that struggle to read the OP effectively..... the timeframe began in March.

coffee1.gif

Oh, wait, you are soooo right. I forgot!!

Up here in March... dry as a bone... dogs lying 'round in the road, tongues hanging out like used sand paper... thumbsup.gif

Better? Now would you like me to cover the intervening months?

What does a kind word and encouragement hurt? It costs nothing to be nice.

The idea was they tried! What di it hurt to acknowledge their efforts?

I think it has the potential for the people to plan their farming activities with the mistaken belief that all will be well as the good people in their small planes will save them.

There needs to be more scientific explanations and also as I and others posted recently now it has rained no further thought is required for drought relief planning in the future no further thought to water storage or water conservation just fire up the Cessna's again.

He should have thanked the people who did the rain dances in grass skirts too....a practice that is equally as effective in easing drought as cloud seeding. thumbsup.gif

No it's not. Cloud seeding actually works.

Why do people post rubbish like this?

blink.png

Cloud seeding was the main reason for the US to consider barring rice imports from Thailand a number of years ago. The US stated that such rainmaking activities gave Thailand an unfair advantage over producers in other countries and its own local growers. I doubt the US would have raised this if cloud seeding did not have a basis in science.