Cigars in Surin?

Cam Khao

Anyone ever seen any cigars for sale in Surin? I don't care if they are cheap and nasty, as long as they smoke.

I'm down to my last half a box, and that will be gone before I leave for the UK in a couple of months.

Actually, anywhere close will do, Buriram, Prasat etc.

Cheers.

Yeah, I know its a long shot, I could try both those options, good advice, thanks.

Re my suggestion number 1. Do not smuggle or use the "agents" at C. Chom who pop back to Cambodia with your order. "Some" may be working with the customs guys for "a sting operation"

Go yourself for a little holiday, is better than acting the clown.

Got a friend in Pattaya? Friendship Supermarket carries a Phillipino stogie made from Cuban leaf that a friend swears by. He bought a box of 30 I think it was. Simple matter to DHL or Fedex them to Surin. Probably OK to send EMS for a 100 baht or so.

If there's a Foodland Supermarket up there, they tend to have cigars (usually tucked away at the customer service desk). No spectacular Cubans though but they do Swishers mainly from what I can see, and sometimes Winterman's (and similar).

You could always give http://www.mycigarcorner.com/ a whirl.

Theres not. Lucky to have a third rate Tops at the 1 half year old Lobinson Mall. Best shot localy give the Corner Caffe a shot. The owners makes regular runs to BK. BTW great food.

https://www.facebook.com/cornercafesurin

Yeah, I know its a long shot, I could try both those options, good advice, thanks.

Re my suggestion number 1. Do not smuggle or use the "agents" at C. Chom who pop back to Cambodia with your order. "Some" may be working with the customs guys for "a sting operation"

Go yourself for a little holiday, is better than acting the clown.

i think you can forget Prasat, never see cigars there (town shops, market, or the small big C) nor farangs smoking this .

have you already tried robinson and big C in surin ?

Burma-style stogies, with a corn-husk filtre, are used for worship in Thailand. If you get them fresh, they're a good smoke.

If you get to Burma or know someone who goes, the little cedar boxes of Burma cigars are wonderful. There's even one kind flavoured with rose-petal. Hand-rolled, beautiful.

Cam Khao, I am heading back home to Surin in just over 2 weeks through Suvarnibhumi Airport. Maybe I can get some from duty free for you and then they wont be buffalo dung rolled in banana leaves. PM me and let me know if can help.

Thanks very much for the offer, most kind of you.

I think I have the problem solved though, one of the links a previous poster shared has a stock of mid-range cigars that are about perfect for everyday smokes, not a bad price either.

Cam.

• 3 weeks later...

How are the cigars you found? My supply is getting low and it will be a while before I can have someone bring some bring me some more. I may have to order some.

I've not tried any yet, I still have about a dozen good hand made Nicaraguans left. I don't smoke them every day.

I've ordered a few 5 packs of Phillies Titans to see me through once I'm out. I've tried one before and they are smokable, just :)