Lost the keys to the moped.

davidst01

You will probably have to replace the ignition lock also the seperate one for the seat .Learn the lesson to always have a spare key .Getting a scooter key cut ,when you have the origional ,costs around B150 .

It's clearly in the last place you left them!!!! did you check there?????

just like most people get hurt on their last attempt....well, it was their last attempt since they got hurt...

anyhow, think back to when you had them last!!!!

of course your mind has this information!!!!!!!!

You will probably have to replace the ignition lock also the seperate one for the seat .Learn the lesson to always have a spare key .Getting a scooter key cut ,when you have the origional ,costs around B150 .

The ignition switch on my wave , an injection model, would not turn WD40 no good ,so fitted new switch 1200 baht + 100 baht fitting, it was a genuine Honda to .it come with 2 keys ,I will get one more cut soon ,do not want that very often .

That must be the farang price your posting , it costs 60-80 depending on the brand of motorcycle and if it has a hectagon to unlock the ignition before you can put the key in its 80,without that is only 60 in bkk

I've done the same thing twice, go look for a hole in the wall locksmith, there are a few around in every city... They can cut keys to pretty much any bike on the spot, but you'll need to push your bike there.

A screwdriver and a rock will be cheaper. Although anyone can start your bike afterwards with that special key.

You can probably just get the key barrel replaced with a new second one and set of keys. There's plenty of Honda parts around. Just don't go direct to the Honda dealership.

That must be the farang price your posting , it costs 60-80 depending on the brand of motorcycle and if it has a hectagon to unlock the ignition before you can put the key in its 80,without that is only 60 in bkk

I am talking about the key with the Hectagon .Cost me B150 at two seperate places in Chiang mai .It did seem expensive ,but i could not be bothered to shop around for the sake of B50 or so .

<deleted> - a flat screwdriver will still start a ninja 250 once you get it down far enough

If the steering is locked, you will break that by applying force, I can do it by arm but in Thai cctv videos they use their leg

It really doesn't take a lot, I broke one for a girl b4 who was on the verge of panic because if she was late again she would lose her yearly bonus or something similar

I'm not a mechanic but it worked for us and I saw kawasaki dudes doing it the ninja 250 so I'm pretty sure your ignition is not harder to break than that

Long time since I had a m/c. Obviously they no longer come with a kick start. And for the record, moped being a common misnomer these days, a moped came with a 50cc engine and pedals to assist on the hills, as well as with starting it. They are no longer made, though I imagine there are still a few around.

^Loads in the Netherlands as they can use the bicycle lanes ,and have low road tax and insurance.Engine has a limiter so they can only go rather slowly ,but some people get the limiter removed.

If you call a scooter a moped then do you call a bus a car? Do you call a train a bus?

Scooters are quite distinct from mopeds because as the name implies, a moped has both a motor and pedals.

Yes I am being pedantic but I can't stand ignorance.

Archived