Two ways to revoke Thaksin's royal decorations: Wissanu

Lite Beer

Two ways to revoke Thaksin's royal decorations: Wissanu
THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- THERE are two ways to revoke royal decorations given to fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, and one way is through royal approval as recommended by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu KreaNgam said yesterday.

Wissanu said the national police could recommend revoking some of retired Pol Lt-Colonel Thaksin's royal decorations to the secretary of the Cabinet and Prime Minister Prayut could lodge a proposal with His Majesty the King for approval.

The other method, said Wissanu, the legal expert of the current administration, was for the PM's Office Ministry to initiate the process, as some of the royal decorations received by Thaksin had nothing to do with his service in the police, because he only served briefly as an officer.

Some royal decorations were bestowed on Thaksin by His Majesty the King when Thaksin was prime minister and the government could not seek their revocation because they were given to him by His Majesty without the government making requests.

Wissanu cited as an example a decoration from The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao, known as Tutiya Chula Chom Klao Viset.

"Those who did not ask [for Thaksin] to be granted royal decorations cannot make a request for its revocation. This would be difficult," Wissanu said.

The deputy premier said the process could go in tandem with the national police's move to revoke Thaksin's police rank.

National police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang said on Friday that he was keen to have Thaksin's rank revoked during his term. He is due to retire on September 30.

Wissanu said the national police were not barred by the Police Act from revoking the rank of any former police officer.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Two-ways-to-revoke-Thaksins-royal-decorations-Wiss-30266662.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-15

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh gaaawd the other day it was all wrapped barring Royal approval. Now there is 2 ways to strip him. Maybe word has slipped that Royal approval would not be granted,which would leave a lot of people with egg on their face none of whom would be Thaksin. My advice would be hurry up and strip the bloody rank or shut the <deleted> up about it.

"...........his service in the police, because he only served briefly as an officer." Yet managed to obtain the rank of Lt-Colonel AND 2 higher degree from US universities. His most stunning success though was marrying the bosses daughter. I'm not sure what the decoration for that looks like.

Edited by halloween

One of the other decorations or honour that cannot be removed that they won't acknowledge , was bestowed on Khun Thaksin by the people of Thailand , Former Prime Minister, .shove that up your funk & wagnalls.coffee1.gif

My dog could be Prime Minister if it would have the funds for the vote buying.

Thaksin obsession again? but, of course, it's all obfuscation and the public (some) and TVF posters (a few) gobble it up as if it were of merit

"Thaksin obsession again?"

Are you having a go at posters for daring to speak of Mr T., because the topic is about him.

Or are you making a snide jab at the mods for posting a topic about the great man ?

One of the other decorations or honour that cannot be removed that they won't acknowledge , was bestowed on Khun Thaksin by the people of Thailand , Former Prime Minister, .shove that up your funk & wagnalls.coffee1.gif

Yet another one dragging out the "vote buying" b.s., refusing to take note of the face that it has been proven, time and time again, that "vote buying" has absolutely zero influence on the outcome of the elections. Hell, even Korn, one of the few Dems I actually like, stated on television that the Dems spent MORE money than PTP in the last election, and they STILL lost. Try and find another dead horse to beat if you can.

I don't believe article 44 can be used in this case as it involves his majesty and overturning a decree from him.

Anything is possible. Having a coup involves removing his whole government......

I would say asking him to remove honors he bestowed on someone is probably akin to lese majeste.

Edited by Thai at Heart

"...........his service in the police, because he only served briefly as an officer." Yet managed to obtain the rank of Lt-Colonel AND 2 higher degree from US universities. His most stunning success though was marrying the bosses daughter. I'm not sure what the decoration for that looks like.

"I'm not sure what the decoration for that looks like."post-9891-0-58861400-1439704082_thumb.jp

Now you know.smile.png

Yet another one dragging out the "vote buying" b.s., refusing to take note of the face that it has been proven, time and time again, that "vote buying" has absolutely zero influence on the outcome of the elections. Hell, even Korn, one of the few Dems I actually like, stated on television that the Dems spent MORE money than PTP in the last election, and they STILL lost. Try and find another dead horse to beat if you can.

Interesting, but one thing I don't understand is if vote buying has no influence on the outcome of the elections why are they doing it ?

It is just not like a Thai to throw money at something for no gain. If they wanted to give money to the people why not do it legally ?

Which brings up another point, vote buying is against the law, no matter who is doing it.

So much for free and fair elections. They don't exist in Thailand.

Edited by mikemac

Thaksin obsession again? but, of course, it's all obfuscation and the public (some) and TVF posters (a few) gobble it up as if it were of merit

Its partly that I'm shore. But its also some macabre, morbid revenge fantasy. like burning his body when hes dead or cutting off his genitals, humiliation in the extreme is what some of these people are after

And the extrajudicial killings of 2500 people within 3 months. Another great achievement.

Interesting, but one thing I don't understand is if vote buying has no influence on the outcome of the elections why are they doing it ?

It is just not like a Thai to throw money at something for no gain. If they wanted to give money to the people why not do it legally ?

Which brings up another point, vote buying is against the law, no matter who is doing it.

Vote Buying is not as you would think its not paying money for someone to change who they would vote for. They give money to everyone in certain areas wher there vote is already popular. I was in Malaysia during the 2013 election and the Government (Umno) were just giving people of certain ageegroups money , was like a supporters bonus to keep them loyal because they had given them 500RM

Vote Buying is not as you would think its not paying money for someone to change who they would vote for. They give money to everyone in certain areas wher there vote is already popular. I was in Malaysia during the 2013 election and the Government (Umno) were just giving people of certain ageegroups money , was like a supporters bonus to keep them loyal because they had given them 500RM

No you can't tell the cheerleaders that. Vote buying is the reason The Thaksin's held office it has to be or it means people really voted for them. Congratulations you are the first poster who actually understands the reasoning behind money for voting. Also it could be added that it is no different than the multitude of promises politicians worldwide use to ensure they are elected to office. People vote generally not only for who they like but because they are getting something in return. Unless you go for the team that doesn't need votes because they've got all the guns

The report that I read was specific to elections in Thailand in the 2008-2010 time frame.

The report said vote buying was found in some areas of Thailand but not all, and that vote buying was done by both sides in contested elections.

The report did not offer an opinion as to whether vote buying in those instances in Thailand affected the results.

However, in other reports I have read that vote buying to influence large scale elections is ineffective. In countries with election problems, the most common form of corruption is ballot manipulation (e.g. throwing away ballots or stuffing ballot boxes with extra ballots). I have not heard of this kind of problem in major elections in Thailand.

As to why vote buying occurs if it is ineffective, I would say that campaign spending in general can be incredibly ineffective, and there is a mountain of evidence to show you cannot often buy your way to an election victory.

oh and another thing if I was in Australia and a rep from the liberal government came round my house and gave me 10 or 100 or 1000 dollars to buy my vote I would say yes and vote labor anyway. Your under the assumption that because they received the measly 200 baht that they all did what they said. How would they know? or police it? or get the money back?

To my mind the normal thing to do is to pass it on to his son ?? so the title can be for the benefit of his family. I just want to ask has any of his family NOT been in trouble with the law ????

What a pathetic family---and tied in with the red shirts--and PTP anyone supporting any of these bodies should be ashamed of themselves----but to post in denial is double bad.