Where To Get My Digital Camera Fixed?

Norman

I bought a Canon Powershot A410 (great cheap camera) just a year ago and now there's white stripes visible on the viewer and on the pics themselves. Where could I get this repaired as Canon has no known service centers in Pats. Thanks.

I think you may struggle to find a service centre here. Thery are good at selling, not so good at fixing.

This is one of the problems I have encountered since living here - the lack of service/repair facilities for brand products. I have a JVC digital video camera, and it has to go to BKK to be fixed. I had to get engineers from Bangkok to fix my Sangsum Fridge and Sangsum TV, my Mitsubishi Water Pump, and just recently, my UBC Boxes had to be sent to BKK for repair. I'm sure there are others that I can't recall right now. The service centres seem to be centralised in BKK and they send their engineers out on field trips to Pattatay and the like.

I think Sony have a service centre here but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck with the Canon.

I bought a Canon Powershot A410 (great cheap camera) just a year ago and now there's white stripes visible on the viewer and on the pics themselves. Where could I get this repaired as Canon has no known service centers in Pats. Thanks.

I think you may struggle to find a service centre here. Thery are good at selling, not so good at fixing.

This is one of the problems I have encountered since living here - the lack of service/repair facilities for brand products. I have a JVC digital video camera, and it has to go to BKK to be fixed. I had to get engineers from Bangkok to fix my Sangsum Fridge and Sangsum TV, my Mitsubishi Water Pump, and just recently, my UBC Boxes had to be sent to BKK for repair. I'm sure there are others that I can't recall right now. The service centres seem to be centralised in BKK and they send their engineers out on field trips to Pattatay and the like.

I think Sony have a service centre here but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck with the Canon.

I must remeber not to buy anything you recommend :D ....only joking :o

A great little place on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Rd) I think it was between Soi Bukhao and 3rd Rd.....It is on the right side of road if looking towards the beach.......Fixed my Canon Video Camera which blew a tiny IC on a hot day....I Just put old sim in phone....Phone Number...038723527....They are very cluey, fast and cheap......I think they sent a guy on a motorbike to bangkok canon to get the part.....it was as big as half a matchhead.....cost around 1000B if I remember.....please tell me how you went.

Thanks for the tip but the issue has been resolved.

A great little place on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Rd) I think it was between Soi Bukhao and 3rd Rd.....It is on the right side of road if looking towards the beach.......Fixed my Canon Video Camera which blew a tiny IC on a hot day....I Just put old sim in phone....Phone Number...038723527....They are very cluey, fast and cheap......I think they sent a guy on a motorbike to bangkok canon to get the part.....it was as big as half a matchhead.....cost around 1000B if I remember.....please tell me how you went.

I think you may struggle to find a service centre here.

I had to get engineers from Bangkok to fix my Sangsum Fridge and Sangsum TV

For future reference Mobi, there is a Samsung Service Centre just before your favourite hospital on the Sukhumvit heading North.

Tel: 038 726284-6 :o