Naturalisation and payments taken.

My sister-in-law applied for naturalisation in June this year. The application also included one of her daughters (Thai) as a dependent.

They have taken the money for my niece but not for her mother!

Application was via the Nationality Checking Service and they recommended contacting the Home Office via email. We did this a couple of weeks ago but have not even received a read receipt so far!

Anyone faced a similar situation?

As this is the Visas and migration to OTHER countries forum, it's a safe bet that the OP is not talking about Thailand!

From references in the OP, e.g. "Nationality Checking Service" and "Home Office" it seems he is talking about the UK; though it would avoided any confusion, Bob, had you said so!

Sorry, Bob, I have no idea why they would have taken the payment for your niece, but not her mother.

What, Naturalisation in Thailand ??? Do tell us more !

I apologise if the title was not clear for everyone.

I admit I assumed people would know that Thai children did not need to be naturalised in Thailand. Thailand does not have a Home Office (or to the best of my knowledge a Nationality Checking Service). I would have posted under Thai visas, residency and work permits had this been about becoming naturalised as a Thai citizen.

UKVI and the Home office do have a very bizarre system for handling naturalisation applications. It seems some are done very rapidly yet others take extended periods. I am yet to hear of a referee actually being contacted, so far this has not happened with their application!