NIDA Poll says Prayut's performance well and outstanding

webfact

20-8-2558-16-16-591-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has performed outstandingly during the past one year in office and even better than the elected prime minister, according to the latest survey conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) or NIDA Poll.

NIDA Poll said in its official release that it conducted survey from August 17-22.

A total of 2,500 people across the country were used as samples for the survey.

The result showed that 46.50 % said Prime Minister Prayut has performed quite well, while 38.80% said he performed outstandingly during the past one year.

They said the country returned with no disturbances and the prime minister performed better than the elected prime minister because of his decisiveness, and he dared to speak and dared to act, particularly corruption suppression.

However NIDA said the prime minister had also flaws, particularly economic problems.

The poll showed that 3.20% saw his performance in economic matters failed, citing reason that he used excessive dictatorial power, and spoke inappropriately.

There was no significant progress in solving economic problems, particularly the livelihood of the people.

On a question of his character after a year of performance, 70.96% said he had a military style leadership, while 15.92% said he had a demoracy style leadership.

Asked for their opinions on the prime minister’s work ideology, 85.80% agreed he had strong determination to work for the country, and the people. Only 9.90% disagreed, saying he had no ideology and worked only to keep his power.

But NIDA Poll says 85.10% agreed that Gen Prayut had courage to make decision on significant matters. Only 9.40% said he had no courage in decision making.

On the effectiveness of problem solving, 79.90% saw effectiveness in solving national problems with only 12.80% saying in the contrary.

On working transparency, 70.80% lauded his transparency while 10.70% saw no transparency, and no cross checks.

When asked about the referendum on the proposed national reform before election, 55.30% said they wanted to see the prime minister stay in power for another two years to ensure smooth reform before the election. But 19.20% said they would oppose the referendum.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nida-poll-says-prayuts-performance-well-and-outstanding

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-24

I agree, he did an excellent job! wai2.gif

But there's still a lot of improvement to be made so i hope he gets the time to finish his project.

I rarely see his soldiers in BKK though which is great, i know they're out there and i hope they have aircon because wearing those suits can't be fun in this heat.

When asked about the referendum on the proposed national reform before election, 55.30% said they wanted to see the prime minister stay in power for another two years to ensure smooth reform before the election. But 19.20% said they would oppose the referendum.

The above quote is the most interesting from the survey. The question was obviously weighted. I'm sure 55.30% didn't reply with 2 years. More likely the 2 year term was in the question.

Elections, it's just not going to happen. This regime is the new Thai 'Democracy', commonly referred to as, the 'C' word we can't use but best describes China and Russia.

"However NIDA said the prime minister had also flaws, particularly economic problems.
The poll showed that 3.20% saw his performance in economic matters failed, citing reason that he used excessive dictatorial power, and spoke inappropriately.
There was no significant progress in solving economic problems, particularly the livelihood of the people."

"It's the economy, stupid" - James Carville, Bill Clinton's campaign strategist, 1992 successful campaign.

For the past year, numerous "polls" (of perhaps dubious methodology) have revealed seemingly strong support for Prayut,

Yet not even Prayut believes their accuracy - otherwise he would form a party and call for elections.

For the past year, numerous "polls" (of perhaps dubious methodology) have revealed seemingly strong support for Prayut,

Yet not even Prayut believes their accuracy - otherwise he would form a party and call for elections.

If there is a methodology, that is not the worst concern.

The major factor is the roots of these organizations, conducting so-called Polls.

Like the NIDA thing...It has roots in the current power structure.....

Many of these Polls emanate from Educational institutions, and guess who appoints their Presidents.

It is why to a fault, they laud the powers-that-be who control these Institutions. It is an underhanded way of pretending the general public supports what they want supported. But they throw in enough smoke and polling type jargon, that the less-discerning ones among us think they have a degree of legitimacy.

The one being highlighted here, is a case-in-point. I only needed to see the headline to peg this thing for what it was. I didn't bother with the rest of it.

Edited by Blackfalds

Ask my mum if i am a wonderful guy or not ?

NIDA was heavily pro-yellows during their demonstrations and is now squarely in the pockets of the ruling class.

Indeed.It had a stall at the PDRC/Suthep demonstrations.Essentially it's a Junta front organisation and can be ignored.The pitiful attempts to show "balance" by identifying small percentages of criticism is simply embarrassing.

But there's still a lot of improvement to be made so i hope he gets the time to finish his project.

I rarely see his soldiers in BKK though which is great, i know they're out there and i hope they have aircon because wearing those suits can't be fun in this heat.

I think he does a poor job, but excellent if you compare with the others of the last 15 years (Thaksin, Samak, Surajud, Abhisit, Somchai, Yiingluck.....)

"Asked for their opinions on the prime minister’s work ideology, 85.80% agreed he had strong determination to work for the country, and the people."

This is what makes him unique compared to all other Prime Ministers in recent history, and the reason many of us are willing to forgive his little tantrums and outbursts. And I'm not surprised at them given the people he has to deal with.

In the overall scheme of things they are not important. It's quite telling that it's just about the only thing the cadres on here have to criticise him for. Ad nauseam in semi-literate style.

I think he does a poor job, but excellent if you compare with the others of the last 15 years (Thaksin, Samak, Surajud, Abhisit, Somchai, Yiingluck.....)

Actually that's debatable at least with some of the above.What is not debatable is that those you mention all had legitimacy and the incumbent has none.

The old excuse that haters of democracy provide is to excuse repression since "Mussolini made the trains run on time." - or arguments to that effect.

The trouble is in Thailand is that the trains are not running on time.

This is truly heartening that nearly all Thais, Red, Yellow or in between have united behind this great man. With that overwhelming popularity, there is no reason not to call national elections immediately. With a greater than 84% approval rating, Prayut will win in a landslide- and all these concerns of a military junta and lack of democracy will be swept away. Prayut's job approval rating is second only to Kim Jung Un's. Finally, a truly united Thailand. hip hip hooray.

Credit were credit is due, that's only fair. The % quoted are suspect. Objectives still in play, outcomes achieved also in question, case in point,

Thai fishing industry, minimal progress on going,

Human trafficking, minimal progress,

corruption minimal progress,

Security, reasonable apart from BKK bombs

health no progress.

education no progress.

Economy in regression possible future recession?

legislation in regression. ie alcohol sale and limited area, 300 mts, 500 mts, in vicinity. etc.

Human rights regression.

freedom of speech regression.

Media regression.

transparency, fluctuating.

positive Communication with media and public, very poor but stable.

Outlook, regression.

Now The for the [demographic] of the polled people??? were they balanced? were they stacked? were they random? ie, numbers polled in the north east, north west, central, and south? Do the percentages stack up?

But "creative accounting" is the staple of those seeking approval on all sides of the fence.

"Asked for their opinions on the prime minister’s work ideology, 85.80% agreed he had strong determination to work for the country, and the people."

This is what makes him unique compared to all other Prime Ministers in recent history, and the reason many of us are willing to forgive his little tantrums and outbursts. And I'm not surprised at them given the people he has to deal with.

In the overall scheme of things they are not important. It's quite telling that it's just about the only thing the cadres on here have to criticise him for. Ad nauseam in semi-literate style.

" It's quite telling that it's just about the only thing the cadres on here have to criticise him for. Ad nauseam in semi-literate style."

Actually it's not. There is the small matter of organizing a coup, granting yourself amnesty, tearing up the constitution, writing a new one that ensures you stay in power forever, threaten people who are asking questions about your wealth etc.

But that's hardly worth mentioning, right>

Oh, and excuse my semi-literate writing skills. When reading your flowing prose I feel deeply ashamed.crazy.gif

This is truly heartening that nearly all Thais, Red, Yellow or in between have united behind this great man. With that overwhelming popularity, there is no reason not to call national elections immediately. With a greater than 84% approval rating, Prayut will win in a landslide- and all these concerns of a military junta and lack of democracy will be swept away. Prayut's job approval rating is second only to Kim Jung Un's. Finally, a truly united Thailand. hip hip hooray.

Yes, why not hold an election legitimizing (nationally as well as internationally) the present government if he has such an overwhelmingly positive approval rating?? There is absolutely no downside to that.

But I think we all know what party would get more/most/a majority of the votes (have to be careful not to get any cheerleader's teats in a twist), don't we?

Prayuts done an amazing job at stealing democracy from the Thai people , that is about all he has done.

Democratic governments do not break the law when in office, so the PM did not steal, he rescued. (amnesty comes to mind )

Please then tell us what your democatic government did apart from 1 trillion baht missing ??

How do you feel toward General "PM" Prayuth Chan O-Cha?

- I love him

- I like him an awful lot

- I think he's great

- he looks very dictatorial in that blue silk shirt... ooh, oooh, how hot is that?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, why not hold an election legitimizing (nationally as well as internationally) the present government if he has such an overwhelmingly positive approval rating?? There is absolutely no downside to that.

But I think we all know what party would get more/most/a majority of the votes (have to be careful not to get any cheerleader's teats in a twist), don't we?

well, they can't have it both ways, can they? either they believe this poll, and thus, agree that elections should be held immediately to legitimize the regime. or... they declare the poll is complete manufactured rubbish, with no basis in reality.

which is it?...

Prayuts done an amazing job at stealing democracy from the Thai people , that is about all he has done.

Stealing something assumes they had it in the first place.

Yes, they had Democracy.

Don't use a perfectionist standard of Democracy to measure Thailand against.

To suggest that there is no difference between the status quo and an elected Govt., because it was not democratic perfectionism, plays into the hands of those who self-servingly deride Thailand's fledgling Democracy. It also plays into the hands of those who self-servingly deride Politicians at every turn and self-servingly demonize a Parliamentary majority as being Parliamentary Dictatorship.

An approximation of Democracy in Thailand was better than none at all....Need I say more.

Edited by Blackfalds