Two thumbs up to Udon Thani Immigration

Phitsanulok very pleasant to deal with. The front desk staff been there many years. Went yesterday to get new passport stamped as well as annual extension. Forgot to take second copies of all passport photos, no problem. Even had time for a trip to Makro.

Last year better though. The man at the next position was with his Thai "wife" and trying to get a 12 month retirement extension. The money had gone into his bank only two days earlier. The staff patiently told him about his options, but he was insistent that he had spent 12 years on a retirement extension without being asked for proof of income. He spoke no Thai, the woman spoke no English. My wife and I tried to explain, but he grew more and more irate. The two staff passed our passports between each other. Everyone was so busy laughing that the staff stamped up the wrong passport with the extension. No stamp for "Oops, sorry cancelled," so I suggested they write it by hand. Good day had by all, except for one farang knob. Those of us who go in with, usually, the correct paperwork, probably forget about the dickheads Immigration have to deal with daily.

Pity it would be the only place that gives good service.

It is not the only place with good service!

My office ( Korat) has always been great.

I have even had an officer call me at home on her day off about a problem, then go to the office and wait for me to send her a fax there so she could fix the problem for me.

Waiting until Monday would not have worked.

That is only one example of good experiences I have had at my immigration office.

My office has always been very helpful and very nice to me.

Here on TV we only hear from those with problems.

it is nice to hear from someone who is also pleased with the service their immigration officers provide.

Are you kidding? The new group in Korat do not understand anything about customer service! Also, they do not want to be there! So, wherever they came from they are very unhappy here ! Where did the old group get transferred to and why?

Pity it would be the only place that gives good service.

It is not the only place with good service!

My office ( Korat) has always been great.

I have even had an officer call me at home on her day off about a problem, then go to the office and wait for me to send her a fax there so she could fix the problem for me.

Waiting until Monday would not have worked.

That is only one example of good experiences I have had at my immigration office.

My office has always been very helpful and very nice to me.

Here on TV we only hear from those with problems.

it is nice to hear from someone who is also pleased with the service their immigration officers provide.

Are you kidding? The new group in Korat do not understand anything about customer service! Also, they do not want to be there! So, wherever they came from they are very unhappy here ! Where did the old group get transferred to and why?

I was just there the first week of this month to get my annual extension and had no problems.

I was asked if I would mind going to a desk behind the counter and have a new officer who is being trained deal with my paperwork.

I did, and one of the officers I have dealt with in the past was there to supervise the trainee.

It took a few more minutes than my usual visits, but it went well.

Just like the other officers, the trainee was very nice courteous and respectful to me.

She made one error and forgot to have me sign one form, but she came outside and found me in the parking lot before I left and asked me to come back in and sign it.

She was very apologetic for the error and again very courteous.

I thought it was pretty good that she realized the error and then moved fast enough to catch me before I left the premises!

I am still very pleased with the service I get in The Korat immigration office.

Ihave seen others have problems there, but they are always the rude ones with a bad attitude or those who come unprepared.

I have been dealing with Udon Thani immigration since 2009. They have always been helpful and courteous.

I only have one complaint.

I wish they had remained at the airport. Ample parking and no traffic getting in and out. It was a dream for me, coming from Nong Bua Lamphu province.

So you have not tried parking at the airport in the last few years whistling.gif