Australian father hires former commando’s to grab his daughter in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people assume that the mother broke the law in bringing her daughter to Thailand. Yes, she didnt tell the dad, he just came home to an empty house. That is a crazy thing to do but she hasnt broken the law if she just took her own daughter to the airport and over to Thailand. The person who has broken the law is the father and his accomplice(s) who have kidnapped the child and taken her to Australia. As pointed out by some, Australia is likely to have laws in this regard. The mother may be able to go to Australia and legally get her child returned. I am a dad with a young daughter whom I adore and I do not blame him for doing what he did. But it may come back to haunt him.

How do you come to that conclusion. If the mother didnt break the law by taking the child then how did the father break the law by doing the same thing?

Good analogy. It would seem carter is baffled by and unable to relate to even his own logic

100% correct, mum took the child from Australia presumably without permission of the father, who in turn has reversed the roles - therefore the score is 1 - 1.

If they had the child's passport or the father had applied for a new one in her name it could be used to exit thailand legally and enter the next country legally and board a flight home legally.

Mission complete - as to the rights or wrongs - not mine or anybody else.

Another few years and the child will be looking after him.Single pension with dependant isn't much money in Oz and how much money can a retired hurdling coach have after paying off ex-commandos.

Infinitely better than ending up in a Go Go in Pattaya.

Lots of people assume that the mother broke the law in bringing her daughter to Thailand. Yes, she didnt tell the dad, he just came home to an empty house. That is a crazy thing to do but she hasnt broken the law if she just took her own daughter to the airport and over to Thailand. The person who has broken the law is the father and his accomplice(s) who have kidnapped the child and taken her to Australia. As pointed out by some, Australia is likely to have laws in this regard. The mother may be able to go to Australia and legally get her child returned. I am a dad with a young daughter whom I adore and I do not blame him for doing what he did. But it may come back to haunt him.

How do you come to that conclusion. If the mother didnt break the law by taking the child then how did the father break the law by doing the same thing?

Good analogy. It would seem carter is baffled by and unable to relate to even his own logic

100% correct, mum took the child from Australia presumably without permission of the father, who in turn has reversed the roles - therefore the score is 1 - 1.

If they had the child's passport or the father had applied for a new one in her name it could be used to exit thailand legally and enter the next country legally and board a flight home legally.

Mission complete - as to the rights or wrongs - not mine or anybody else.

Was the girl the daughter of the wife??

Yes ,as far as i gather .It was the wife/mother/grandmother took the girl to Thailand for a period which was supposed to be a week ,then she done a runner with the child .The father had been trying for 3 years to get her back already .I am glad he was sucessful .You can see from the childs face she is happy with him .When she is 18 she can revisit her mother if she so desires .

WRONG she took the kid from Australia not Thailand.

I dont think the score is 1-1 I think it is 1-2 to the mother as the father has scored an owl goal. She was in the house of her daughter then, before dad came home took her own daughter to the airport with her passport and flew to Thailand. No crime, perhaps not what normal sane people would do but she is the child's mum. The father on the other hand hired a third party, a former commando no less, steallthily waited in the NE undergrowth for an opportunity to snatch his child when she had ventured out of the house, then, according to the news story, starevvled over a water border to escape. One can only surmise, that the girl had no passport with her, the border in question was the Mehkhong River and that with the connivance of the commando spirited her over to Laos or. Cambodia and thence using an Aussie passport perhaps back to the land of Oz. Those who fail to see the difference in the two approaches either have no imagination or they, like the usual simpletons of TVF, side with the actions of the farang no matter how criminal his actions.

I dont think the score is 1-1 I think it is 1-2 to the mother as the father has scored an owl goal. She was in the house of her daughter then, before dad came home took her own daughter to the airport with her passport and flew to Thailand. No crime, perhaps not what normal sane people would do but she is the child's mum. The father on the other hand hired a third party, a former commando no less, steallthily waited in the NE undergrowth for an opportunity to snatch his child when she had ventured out of the house, then, according to the news story, starevvled over a water border to escape. One can only surmise, that the girl had no passport with her, the border in question was the Mehkhong River and that with the connivance of the commando spirited her over to Laos or. Cambodia and thence using an Aussie passport perhaps back to the land of Oz. Those who fail to see the difference in the two approaches either have no imagination or they, like the usual simpletons of TVF, side with the actions of the farang no matter how criminal his actions.

Taking a child outside of any country in the western world without both parents consent (or a court order) is considered child abduction.

The Hague agreement (which Thailand hasn't ratified) requires any child taken in this way to be returned to the country from which they were removed.

After that custody is up to that countries court system.

I hope this post in some way helps the ignorance of the many posters who don't know the law.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Taking a child outside of any country in the western world without both parents consent (or a court order) is considered child abduction.

What if you ARE the parent? I assume nobody at the airport would question a woman and her baby going on holiday to her home country... More interesting is how he got

A. Out of Thailand

B. INTO a neighbouring countries

C. Documents for travelling

D. Arrival back in Australia

E. Did the commandos all do the same?

Police looking for the bomb suspect should ask this guy for some help

There are still some big holes in security if someone can still do this... With a child no less..

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

You are right we just don't know and a Court should decide. For a Thai to 'escape' a farang in farangland and all those benefits there must be two sides to the story. Most Thais are DESPERATE to get into farangland not out.

I mostly hope it works out for the kid primarily not the two fighting adults

Just some clarifications...

1. Is it wrong for the daughter to be with the mother?
  2. Most Thais are DESPERATE to get into farangland not out >>> 'most' - from where did you get the numbers? Are you really sure Thais are clamoring to go to FL?

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

You are right we just don't know and a Court should decide. For a Thai to 'escape' a farang in farangland and all those benefits there must be two sides to the story. Most Thais are DESPERATE to get into farangland not out.

I mostly hope it works out for the kid primarily not the two fighting adults

Just some clarifications...
  • Is it wrong for the daughter to be with the mother?
  • Most Thais are DESPERATE to get into farangland not out >>> 'most' - from where did you get the numbers? Are you really sure Thais are clamoring to go to FL?

I'm sure the poor ones would love a life in Europe or the states etc

The rich elite can travel whenever they feel like it so they are probably happy with the situation but they are probably less than 10% of the population

You imagine someone doing backbreaking farm labour in the hot sun all day for 5000 a month ... Who wouldn't swap that for a cushy office job that pays 500 a week?

So the Thai wife does the usual by seizing the child and absconding bringing her back to la la land for its wonderful upbringing and education with no regard for the law. The father rectifies the situation and grabs her back and the numpties on here are criticizing him. For those who are siding with a Thai woman who has shown her contempt for the law and her family you should be ashamed. Good on the guy, I am sure thousands sympathies and would like to have done the same. The woman clearly has no regard for the wellbeing of her daughter pandora is your typical selfish Thai.

You are so right

So apparrently there are a few in here that believe in child abduction, what a shame. She should have taken the proper legal avenue.

I hear about Thai women that dump there kids at grandma's then run off with a farang for a new life. How lucky those kids must be.

Trouble with " I heard" is you usually hear a lot of <deleted>.

It is commonplace for the children of Thai females to remain up country,looked after by the family, while they go to Bangkok to earn a crust. Definately nothing out of the ordinary.

If a farang wants to take on the expense of both then good luck to her/them

You imagine someone doing backbreaking farm labour in the hot sun all day for 5000 a month ... Who wouldn't swap that for a cushy office job that pays 500 a week?

Adults in Thai farming communities earn on average 2,500bht/month.

Seems the mother took the child out of Australia with the intention of not returning, this was without the permission of the father, an illegal action. If the child is now back in Australia, mum has every right to apply to take the child out of the country. If she is so interested in her child, let her take the necessary action in law to her advantage / disadvantage.

The little girl won't wake up every day wondering

where mommy is because in Thailand the majority

of single mothers dump their children on the parents

or grandparents and then its back to the bar or

factory, come to my village i will show you.

I know how it feels, this happend to me 4 months ago, mt daughter abducted to my homecountry because ex wife has 2 nationality's. now no one know where they are while i am in thai. Just have perminent permit aranged, cant leave thai or i loose all the effort, these thai woman are so freakin cleva! All gone, money, daughter, all she could possebly get. Yeah i might be stupid, but really did not see that comming after i took care my child alone in thai for 3 years while mommy vanished from the earth for 3 years. Behind my back get my daughter from school and left without a note. So yeah if i could effort it, i would send some marines to get my child back to. Or clip her motha.

Adults in Thai farming communities earn on average 2,500bht/month.

If that's the average some earn much less??

For all those TV posters who want to speculate the father is a bad man, put your critical thinking cap on and ponder this...

Do you really think an organization such as Child Abduction Recovery International (CARI), that allowed themselves to be profiled in this article, would put their reputation on the line without doing their due diligence? Don't you think they would do a thorough background check on the father and at a minimum, interview neighbors, relatives and friends.

Bravo for the father and a happy ending, as far as I'm concerned.

As for referring to members as simpletons, learning some manners wouldn't go astray in your case.

He is a radio interview with the father. Listen to him and then make up your mind.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/08/brisbane-man-used-ex-soldiers-to-rescue-his-daughter-from-thailand.html

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure about the rights and wrongs of this till listened to the interview. The father's sincerity, goodness and love comes through clearly.

In view of The Hague Convention mentioned earlier, it would seem the father has not broken the law in Oz. That would explain why the daughter was likely issued a new Oz passport. It also looks like Thai and Lao law were broken in taking the across two borders. But I'd say, in this case, <deleted> 'em.

The child is probably better off. Good luck to father and daughter.

T

He is a radio interview with the father. Listen to him and then make up your mind.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/08/brisbane-man-used-ex-soldiers-to-rescue-his-daughter-from-thailand.html

Thanks for this. I wasn't sure about the rights and wrongs of this till listened to the interview. The father's sincerity, goodness and love comes through clearly.

In view of The Hague Convention mentioned earlier, it would seem the father has not broken the law in Oz. That would explain why the daughter was likely issued a new Oz passport. It also looks like Thai and Lao law were broken in taking the across two borders. But I'd say, in this case, <deleted> 'em.

T

Assuming she had a passport, what law has been broken crossing from Thailand into Lao?

T

Assuming she had a passport, what law has been broken crossing from Thailand into Lao?

With limited infor available, I'm just guessing here. They probably took the girl by river across the this border without taking the risk of going through normal channels.

T

Another few years and the child will be looking after him.Single pension with dependant isn't much money in Oz and how much money can a retired hurdling coach have after paying off ex-commandos.

Infinitely better than ending up in a Go Go in Pattaya.

Or in a Sydney brothel.

Why is it too easy for a Thai woman to leave another country with a child and no father present and not even a signed letter of agreement from the father presumably. This should be done in all cases for both the mother and father if travelling alone with children. Proper checks could easily be done to prevent any child leaving any country without the correct documents of authority from parents. Surel this would then prevent child abductions/trafficking too.

Recently I left Thailand through suvarnabhumi airport with my wife and two children.At emigration my wife stood in a different queue to me with one of the children,I stood in another queue with the other child. I and my child were questioned if the mother was traveling with us,she had already passed through and we pointed her out,as she was waiting for us. My wife along with my other child were not questioned. On our return through Heathrow we again separated at emigration,no questions asked.