Thai Ladies In England

mark henry

Hi Girls

My wife asked me to post this request. Since coming to England 2/3 years ago her skin has suffered badly. It has become very dry, particularly on her face and neck. She has also lots of very small spots or rough areas around her neck and has itchy red skin especially under her eyes? She uses moisturisers such as "Simple" but problem still persists. Not sure if it's the weather, diet (eats some English food now; dairy products and bread) or her age! 39 now.

She is quite desperate about it and feeling low so any advice or help would be appreciated from both of us.

Thanks

Mark (Husband)

Hi Girls

My wife asked me to post this request. Since coming to England 2/3 years ago her skin has suffered badly. It has become very dry, particularly on her face and neck. She has also lots of very small spots or rough areas around her neck and has itchy red skin especially under her eyes? She uses moisturisers such as "Simple" but problem still persists. Not sure if it's the weather, diet (eats some English food now; dairy products and bread) or her age! 39 now.

She is quite desperate about it and feeling low so any advice or help would be appreciated from both of us.

Thanks

Mark (Husband)

this reply not from a girl

but sounds like she has some sort of allergy

has she changed make up brands?

get her to have a full allergy check

or failing that is she is using a set brands apply a small amount of them to an area of skin that she doesnt wear any make up on say the back of the knee or if she uses loads of brands divide thigh up into 2" squares and apply each one to a different area making a note of which brand goes where and see if any itchyness or redness appears

this is a standard allergy check for any new cosmetics that females should all use but few do

courtesy of ex girlfriend who worked in an makeup testing lab

also have to change my settings in the post info i get

Hi Girls

Thanks

Mark (Husband)

this reply not from a girl

but sounds like she has some sort of allergy

has she changed make up brands?

get her to have a full allergy check

or failing that is she is using a set brands apply a small amount of them to an area of skin that she doesnt wear any make up on say the back of the knee or if she uses loads of brands divide thigh up into 2" squares and apply each one to a different area making a note of which brand goes where and see if any itchyness or redness appears

this is a standard allergy check for any new cosmetics that females should all use but few do

courtesy of ex girlfriend who worked in an makeup testing lab

also have to change my settings in the post info i get

Thanks for that, wife is certain it is'nt creams (does'nt use make-up) as used same creams when in Thailand with no probs.

Hi Maark

then get full food allergy check done

thats how i found out allergic or rather highly sensitive to certain flours and Nicotine

worst of all as i dont smoke

but it seems everybody else that goes to pubs do

one hour in smokey pub and thats me out of it 30 mins later

for up to 4 to 6 hours then feels like run a few marathons back to back

which lasts for a few days

is she stressed out a lot as they could be stress related

also does she cook regularly

if she does is she always touching her neck and face maybe to push hair out the way it may be shes getting some food her body doesnt like on her face and neck

handling Thai type food will all it's chilli's spices and herbs requires a bit of care as she will probably know anyway but it may be a possibility as it's weird it's just those areas and the moisturisers may seal the irritant in

it's a possibility worth checking out sometimes these things are only found out be a process of elimination can take a while

not a dermatologist just know a little about my own allergies

again hope this info helps

Hi Maark

then get full food allergy check done

thats how i found out allergic or rather highly sensitive to certain flours and Nicotine

worst of all as i dont smoke

but it seems everybody else that goes to pubs do

one hour in smokey pub and thats me out of it 30 mins later

for up to 4 to 6 hours then feels like run a few marathons back to back

which lasts for a few days

is she stressed out a lot as they could be stress related

also does she cook regularly

if she does is she always touching her neck and face maybe to push hair out the way it may be shes getting some food her body doesnt like on her face and neck

handling Thai type food will all it's chilli's spices and herbs requires a bit of care as she will probably know anyway but it may be a possibility as it's weird it's just those areas and the moisturisers may seal the irritant in

it's a possibility worth checking out sometimes these things are only found out be a process of elimination can take a while

not a dermatologist just know a little about my own allergies

again hope this info helps

Thankyou Jing Jo, i never thought of the spicy food, i'll metion it to her. Yes, she is very stressed we have an 18 month old Son. She is at home all day taking care of him with only help from me when i'm not at work. It's not easy for her as when she had her first child (now 18) in Bangkok she had all her family to help her + all the cultural differences and an English husband!!

Thanks again

Mark, it could very well be stress related then. However, I would first visit an allergist to rule out allergies.

If it does turn out to be stress it sounds like she could use someone to come in to help out so she can get a break. Even if it is just once a week, the chance to get out, on her own, may help alleviate some of her stress.

Also, does she have ready access to her family? Set up something so she can call home regularly.

face and neck are the areas most exposed to the elements, wind, cold, pollution whatever which are not the same as the elements in thailand...

try changing to creams that are meant for england and not thailand ... i.e. in israel we have face and body creams that are made for dry heat hard water climate and all the wonderful creams my mom used to buy me never did any good (except clinique)... so.. go for creams made for england (dont know the brands but there must be some that say: made escpecially for cold damp climate, or city climate or whatever)

same goes for shampoos, soaps etc... a good cosmetician (they have those in england?) could provide some answers and then if not, go for allergy things, but usually alllergy things would show up on other areas of body also (as excemas on hands legs etc)

is she wearing jewelry made of nickel or other 'cheap' type materials (not gold, i.e.), that can also cause rashes etc on neck area,

what about plants growing in the yard, some flowering weed or something, when the wind blows, the facial area is the most exposed?

does she use very hot water for washing face? showering? , a major complaint from boyfriend is that i shower in HOT water and therefor have dry dry skin etc (he's correct btw)

hormone changes after birth of baby?

a trip to the dermatologist could also be an idea.

bina

Hi Mark and the wife.

I went over to live in Norwich for 5 years when I was 25. I had exactly the same problem. In my case it was Rosacea. I used to have some spots there and then when I was in bkk. Once I moved to England and the bad spots was alll over my face , red mark under my eyes [ doctor called it a butterfly ] it took more than 5 months to get better. I took a table [ Oxy ] from Gp and it helped. Here what I did to help myself. It might worth trying.

1. do not wash your face to much. rinse with plain water twice a day [ if you don't wear make up ]and only use soap every other day or when you really need it.

2. use a good products. I use Clinique products.. soap,moistur,make up etc.

if your skin seems to get better in summer or when it's warm and worse in winter. Im certain you have had the same problem with me. if you need to talk you can send a message to me.

Good luck

chan

Actually my fiancee is getting dry skin, I thought maybe it was just due to age. Because she does have tons of creams and stuff.

Also dont want to brag, but my skin is nice and smooth, I dont use anything, I think using all that cream actually dry's your skin.

Actually my fiancee is getting dry skin, I thought maybe it was just due to age. Because she does have tons of creams and stuff.

Also dont want to brag, but my skin is nice and smooth, I dont use anything, I think using all that cream actually dry's your skin.

yea...same here..... :o and agree....

Or perhaps scraping all the dry skin off your face with a razor every day helps keep it smooth.

Yes, most women will see their skin get dryer as they get older. That's why wrinkles are associated with being older. Dry skin wrinkles.

I vote for Clinique as well. I have used it in the US as well as in the Philippines and here in Thailand. I have to change which formula of Clinique I use, from 2 in a tropical climate to 1 in a temperate climate. Clinique is the least allergenic skin care system I have run across. If your wife's skin is highly irritated she may not be able to tolerate any makeup until it heals. The allergist is a good idea, as is the patch testing of products she currently uses behind the knees and on the inside of the forearm.

• 1 month later...