Kad Farang Hang Dong (night market)

sunoco27

Yes--Kad Daily--a complex with Ready to go Food Stalls--hopefully this will actually be a good thing--it certainly could be.

Then the 'Outlet' is coming, maybe, for... I guess Brand Name/Seconds, Clothing, etc... followed eventually by the rumoured Water Park, maybe--both of these should be going behind MacD's, maybe....

Edited by haybilly

A local 'family' owns the whole lot--by family it's a Matriarch and daughter,TBH, and they own Kad Farang and all the land behind, so the Moo Bahn Tarn Dong and all it's Phases, inc Taraburi and 'Long-Stay'--and, I agree, it's amazing that Kad Farang MK2 is booming, since generally they seem to manage to mess things up [Dukes restaurant 'nearly' came once, the American Consular Staff Residence 'used' to be on this land, and so on....]

Whatever Hocus Pocus she did recently, while moving her shrine around, sure seems to be coming good this time.

I only hope that, once the current businesses really start to settle in, and rumours of them making money get around, that she doesn't try to hike their rents up to prices that make them all move out. Here's hoping...anyway.

Just as an aside, and since we are now discussing the Kad Farang Mall, as opposed to the twice weekly market--today, while buying food from one of the newer restaurants, who have set up since the re-vamp of Kad Farang--the owner was saying that, sadly, he didn't know how much longer his business would be able to continue in the current location; it transpires that, the 'management' had been round and, although only part way through the existing contract, they were already saying that they would probably be 'putting his rent up'--same old story--yet another business will be forced to leave due to the greed of the owners of the land. Once they feel that a business is establishing a reasonable customer base, the said business 'must' be in a position to pay more rent, or so seems to be the landowners rational. The guy I was talking to said that, although some days [weekends mainly] are quite good for customers--there are days during the week when they do not cover their costs--it seems that the owners of Kad Farang have not, and never will, learn from past mistakes; be warned, at the moment Kad Farang Mark 2 [or is it 3?] looks to be doing well--but, it's only a matter of time before businesses start to vacate, as they have all done in the past.

I presume that big names like McD, Watsons, Rimping and StarBucks will be quite clued up and astute when doing business and dealing with local landowners--and, hopefully are immune from tricks such as the above--but, then I would have thought that a large concern such as the American Consulate would have been similarly immune, but they were not.

Edited by haybilly