Got It

We got the settlement visa to the uk last Friday it came through with the her passport and our evidence all-in-one and was posted back to a company in chiang mai. My wife was in Bangkok the Friday before to hand in the application so it took 5 working days with no interview required, NICE.... I would like to give a big shout out to Geffpiuket, the scouser, Gu22, Mrbojangles and roblpl plus all other contributing to Thai visa and of course Thai visa itself for all their help. Don’t go for and agent DIY save cash just make sure you get the doc’s sorted even if takes a bit of time. It took me just under three months to get my doc’s sorted.

Cheers! D.

Congrats.

When is she travelling? Remember she needs to arrive in the UK no later than 28 days after the commencement date of the visa, or there may be problems in 2 years time when she applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Edited by GU22

Well done to you both Donmac :o

Take heed of GU22's advise and also get an official letter sent to her at the address ASAP. This could be from many sources i.e. utility bills, open a bank account or a NHS card when registering her etc. This will come in useful 2 years down the line and something of which, many people overlook and can sometimes cause a problem.

Best of luck :D