Hua Hin To New Airport By Road

taxexile

Yes, the new bridge, once open (December ?), would probably the fastest route.

Check the site "2 bangkok", quite a lot of information there on anything related to transportation in Bangkok.

Do you have any more information on the "new bridge" going up. Is that a bridge near Hua Hin area ?

anybody know the quickest route , are there any new ring roads or bypasses about to open that avoid the need to have to go into bangkok ?

thanks.

taxexile

The easiest way is:-

Go on the Express Way (40 baht) on Rama 2 Road in Dao Kanong. This should take you over the Rama 9 Bridge and follow the Rama IX road sighs. (Take the LEFT fork at the junction at the bottom of the Rama 9 Bridge).

Do not get off this road at Rama IX, but continue along this elevated road (20-25 baht) more to pay. Then keep going straight and the Airport is on your Right-hand side.

Map included:-

The gray road on the Map is the New Link to the Eastern Section of the Outer-Ring Road. The 4 Bridges are open now, but at the Bang-Na intersection traffic will be very bad.

Hope that is a clear a mud.

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :o

New bridge is open.

Its opened earlier than predicted. My wife and I were pondering whether the traffic that we saw on it last weekend - as we came over the Rama 9 bridge - was contractor or public.

So, my question now is, if you are driving down Highway 35 heading for Dao Kanong, is there a new intersection that will permit you to exit to the left then up and over (or under) to the right to get onto the outer ring road heading East to the new bridge? Or, hev you got to go through the ring road intersection and do a U-turn then come back and take an exit left onto the ring road. We travel to Minburi from HH frequently and the new bridge crossing and East ring road to Ram Indra off-ramp would suit me fine.